- Volume 10 Issue 6
Data collected by sensors in field are transmitted to the base station gathering all of data. Because sensors have to gather data in surroundings and periodically transmit data to the base station, it makes energy consumed much. In this paper, we mose the scheme that is to avoid traffic congestion with achievement of energy efficiency, so collected data is transmitted efficiently. This is to adjust transmission rate differently in case of increasing or decreasing traffic and minimize the energy consumption with setting ideal options up basic CSMA(Carrier Sense Multiple Access) protocol in each sensor. Through the simulation, we find the ideal CSMA options and apply the proposed scheme of traffic control mechanism to them and analyze them, then show energy efficiency and effective traffic control mechanism.
- L.Kleinrock and F. Tobagi. Packet switching in radio channels, part 1: Carrier sense multiple-access models and their throughput-delay characteristics. 23(5) : 1400-1416 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1975.1092768
- F, Tobagi and L.Kleinrock. Packet switching in radio channels, part 2: Hidden-terminal problem in carrier sense multiple-access models and the busy-tone solution. 23(5) : 1417-1433 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1975.1092767
- A. Tanenbaum. Computer Networks. Prentice Hall Inc.
- S. Singh and C. Raghavendra. Parnas - Power aware rnulti-acess protocol with signalling for ad hoc networks. In ACM Computer Communication Review, 1988
- ANSI/IEEE SID 802.11 1999 Edition
- Bluetooth. http://www.bluetooth.com
- V. Bharghavan, A. Demers, S. Shenker, and L. Zhang. MACAW: A media access protocol for wireless lans. In Proceedings of SIGCOMM Conference, pages 212-225, 1994
- Thyagarajan Nandagopal, Tae-Eun Kim, Kia Gao, Vaduvur Bharghavan. Achieving mac layer fairness in wireless packet networks. In MOBICOM, 2000
- S. Floyd and K. Fall. Prompting the use of end-to-end congestion control in the internet. In IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 1998
- V. Jacobson. Congestion avoidance and control. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM Conference, 1988
- Mica Mote, http://www.xbow.com