- Volume 10 Issue 6
TETRA system provides the radio authentication service which permits only authorized radio to access network. Radio authentication is the process which checks the sameness of authentication-key(K) shared between radio and authentication center by challenge-response protocol. TETRA standard authentication protocol can prevent the clone radio to copy ISSI from accessing network, but can't prevent the clone radio to copy ISSI & authentication-key. This paper analyzes authentication-key generation/delivery/infection model in TETRA authentication system and analyzes the threat of clone radio caused by authentication-key exposure. Finally we propose the new authentication protocol which prevent the clone radio to copy ISSI & authentication-key from accessing network.
- 소방방재청, '통합지휘무선통신망 구축 시범사업 시방서', 2005
- ETSI EN 300 392-7 V2.2.l, 'Terrestrial Trunked Radio(TETRA); Voice plus Data(V+D); Part 7 : Security', September 2004
- ETSI EN 302 109 V1.1.1, 'Terrestrial Trunked Radio(TETRA); Security: Synchronization mechanism for end-to-end encryption', October 2004
- TETRA MoU SFPG Recommendation 02 edition 4, 'End-to-End Encryption', October 2004
- TETRA MoD SFPG Recommendation 01 edition 4, 'TETRA Key Distribution', February 2006