- Volume 10 Issue 6
In this research, we were going to make the function which can forecast the operating cost of metropolitan railroad that is performing a role of assistant highway within the city. In order to do this, based on service records of subway line 1st to 8th in Seoul, we extracted 23 variables which can affect to the operating cost, and we selected the final variable for estimate the function of operating cost from correlation among variables and influence analysis. Then, we performed regression analysis by stages using final variable. 6 independent variables are chosen for presuming the operating cost, and we obtained the final 3 variables (quantity of holding motor cars, peak quantity of possessed motor cars, and quantity of stations) as a result of regression analysis. Through this research, function of operating cost of metropolitan railroad has better applicability than existing preliminary validity, and it is used by further preliminary validity investigation and master plan or validity investigation which is accompanied by operation designing, thus we expect that it could make a great contribution to the priority order of investment for metropolitan railroad or process of policy decision.
- McGeehan, H, 'Railway Costs and Productivity Growth', journal of Transport economics and Policy, Vol.27, 1993
- Cantos, P, Pastor, J.m, Serrano, L, 'Productivity, efficiency and technical change in the european railways: A non-parametric approach. Transportation
- 하헌구, 이경미(2002), '우리나라 철도산업의 비용특성에 관한 연구', 교통개발연구원
- 조성현(2004), '도시철도 운행비용모형의 개발 및 적용', 대진대학교
- 박정수(2007), '도시철도 운영비용모형 개발에 관한 연구', 한양 대학교 도시대학원