- Volume 7 Issue 1
Semantic photo retrieval has been an important role in reducing the semantic gap between the simple visual features and the abundant semantics delivered by a photo. Effective photo retrieval using semantics is one of the major challenges in photo retrieval. And we propose a new event semantic photo retrieval method by using photo annotation user interface. In this paper, A photo album management system that facilitates photo management and semantic retrieval, which fully relies on the MPEG-7 standard as an information base and a native XML database, has been designed and implemented.
Semantic Photo Retrieval;MPEG-7 Standard
- W3C, "XML Path Language," May 2000.
- J. Martinez, ''Overview of the MPEG-7 Standard, ISO/IEC JTCl/SC29/WG1" N4980 (Klagenfurt Meeting), July 2002.
- Sleepycat, ''Berkeley DB XML, Berkeley DB,"
- "MPEG-7 Image Retrieval Refinement based on Relevance feedback" Postgraduate and undergraduate research projects in the Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, 2004.
- A Smeulders, "Content-Base Image Retrieval at the End of the Early Years," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.22, No.12, Dec. 2000.
- H Liu and H Lieberman, "Robust Photo Retrieval Using World Semantic," MlT Media Laboratory Software Agents Group, 20 Ames St., E15-320G Cambridge, MA 02139.
- V.W. Soo, C. Y. Lee, C. C. Li, S. L. Chen, and C. C. Chen, "Automated Semantic Annotation and Retrieval Based on Sharable Ontology and Case-based Learning Techniques," Department of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, HsinChu, 30043, Taiwan Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Simmons College, Boston, MA 02115, USA, 2003.
- W3C, "XQuery 1.0: An XQuerγ Language," Working Draft, May 2003.
- M.Olson, "Selecting and lmplementing an Embedded Database Systern," IEEE Computer, Vol.33, No.9, pp27-34, Sept. 2000.
- 홍성용, 나연묵，"의미 기반 전자 카탈로그 이미지 검색을 위한 XML 데이터베이스 시스템 구현" 한국멀티미디어학회 논문집, Vol.7, No.9, pp.74-83, 2004