- Volume 12 Issue 1
This paper describes a load simulator with power recovery capability, which is based on the voltage source converter-inverter set. The load simulator can save the electric energy that should be consumed to test the operation and performance of the power quality compensator and the power equipment. The load simulator consists of a converter-inverter set with a DSP controller for system control and PWM pulse generation. The converter operates as a universal load to model the linear load and the non-linear load, while the inverter feed the energy back to the power source with harmonic compensation. the performance of proposed load simulator was analyzed with scaled-model experiment, interconnected with the active power filter. The experimental results confirms that the proposed load simulator can be utilized to test the performance of active power filter.
- Ando. I, Takahashi. I, Tanaka. Y, Ikehara. M, 'Electric load controlled by computer simulator having power regeneration ability', IEEE Power Conversion Conf, vol. 2, pp.925-930, 1997
- Leszek S. Czarnecki, Guangda Chen, Herbert Ginn, and Jun Hu, 'Phantom Load: A Simulator of Non-Periodic Current', Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting, 2000. IEEE, Vol. 2, pp 988-993, 16-20 July 2000
- Byung-Moon Han, Byung-Yeol Bae, and Seppo J. Ovaska, 'Reference Signal Generator for Active Power Filters Using Improved Adaptive Predictive Filter', IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics. Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 576-584, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.844222
- Guan-Chyun Hsieh, Jung-Chien Li, 'Design and implementation of an AC active load simulator circuit', IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol 29, pp. 157-165, 1993 https://doi.org/10.1109/7.249121
- Simone Buso, Luigi Malesani, and Paolo Mattavelli, 'Comparison of Current Control Techniques for Active Filter Applications', IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics. Vol. 45, No 5, pp. 722-729, 1998 https://doi.org/10.1109/41.720328
- G. D. Marques, 'A Comparison of Active Power Filter Control Methods in Unbalanced and Non-sinusoidal Condition', IEEE, Industrial Electronics Society, IECON'98, Vol. 1, pp. 444-449, 31 Aug.-4 Sept. 1998