- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Association between PCR-RFLP Polymorphisms of Five Gene Loci and Milk Traits in Chinese Holstein
Zhang, R.F.;Chen, H.;Lei, C.Z.;Fang, X.T.;Zhang, Y.D.;Hu, S.R.;Su, L.H.
- Received : 2006.03.21
- Accepted : 2006.08.22
- Published : 2007.02.01
The objective of this study was to assess the association of polymorphisms in
- Guo, M. C. 2005. Research on the in formatics model of population genetic variation. Dissertation for doctor degree of Northwest A & F University. China.
- Kimura, M. and T. Ohta. 1973. Mutation an evolution at the molecular level. Genetics. 73(Suppl.):19-35.
- Liefers, S. C., R. F. Veerkamp, M. F. W. te Pas, Y. Chilliard and T. van der Lende. 2005. Genetics and physiology of leptin in periparturient dairy cows. Domest Anim. Endocrin. 29: 227-238. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.domaniend.2005.02.009
Lum, S. L., P. Dove and J. F. Medrano. 1997. Polymorphisms of bovine
$\beta$-lactoglobulin promoter and differences in the binding affinity of activator proteion-2 transcription factor. J. Dairy Sci. 80:1389-1397. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(97)76068-5
- Nei, M. 1978. Estimation of average hetorozygosity and genetic distance from a small number of individuals. Genet. 89:583-590.
- Ryniewicz, Z., L. Zwierzchowski, E. Bagnicka, J. Krzyzewski and N. Strzalkowska. 2002. Preliminary investigations on the polymorphism of defensin genes in cattle-relation with milk somatic cell count. Anim. Sci. Papers and reports. 20:125-131.
Wagner, V. A., T. A. Schild and H. Geldermann. 1994. DNA variants within the 5′-flanking region of milk protein-encoding genes. II. The
$\beta$-lactoglobulin-encoding gene. Theor. Appl. Genet. 89:121-126.
Yahyaoui, M. H., A. Angiolillo, F. Pilla, A. Sanchez and J. M. Folch. 2003. Characterization and genotyping of the Caprine
$\kappa$-casein variants. J. Dairy Sci. 86:2715-2720. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(03)73867-3
- Chu, M. X. and W. H. Shi. 2001. Brief discussion on mastits of dairy cattle. Chinese J. Dairy Cattle. 3:39-40.
- Sun, W. B., H. Chen, X. Q. Lei, C. Z. Lei, Y. H. Zhang, R. B. Li, L. S. Zan and S. R. Hu. 2003. Polymorphisms of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 gene and its associations with several carcass traits in Qinchuan cattle. Hereditas (Beijing). 25:511-516.
- Vaiman, D., D. Mercier, K. Moazami-Goudarzi, A. Eggen, R. Ciampolini, A. Lepingle, R. Velmala, J. Kaukinen, S. L. Varvio, P. Martin, H. Leveziel and G. Guerin. 1994. A set of 99 cattle microsatellites characterization synteny mapping and polymorphism. Mamm. Genome. 5:288-297. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00389543
- Dietz, A. B., N. D. Cohen, L. Timms and M. E. Kehrli Jr. 1997. Bovine lymphocyte antigen class II alleles as risk factors for high somatic cell counts in milk of lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 80:406-412. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(97)75951-4
- Qiu, H. 1995. Cattle Production. Chinese Agriculture Press, Beijing, China.
- Macilla, H. J., H. M. Zhang and S. K. Denise. 1997. A novel polymorphism in the bovine insulin-like growth hormone factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) gene. Anim. Genet. 28:375-378. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1997.tb03277.x
- Liefers, S. C., M. F. W. te Pas, R. F. Veerkamp and T. van der Lende. 2002. Associations between leptin gene polymorphisms and production, live weight, energy balance, feed intake, and fertility in Holstein heifers. J. Dairy Sci. 85:1633-1638. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(02)74235-5
- Ojala, M., T. R. Famula and J. F. Medro. 1997. Effects of milk protein genotypes on the variation for milk production traits of Holstein and Jersey cows in California. J. Dairy Sci. 80:1776-1785. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(97)76111-3
- Banos, G. and G. E. Shook. 1990. Genotype by environment interaction and genetic correlations among parities for somatic cell count and milk yield. J. Dairy Sci. 73:2563. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(90)78942-4
- Kaminski, S. and T. Zabolewicz. 2000. Associatons between bovine beta-lactoglobulin polymorphism within coding and regulatory sequences and milk performance traits. J. Appl. Genet. 41:91-99.
Yahyaoui, M. H., R. N. Pena, A. Sanchez and J. M. Folch. 2000. Rapid communica tion: Polymorphism in the goat
$\beta$- lactoglobulin proximal promotor region. J. Anim. Sci. 78:1100-1101. https://doi.org/10.2527/2000.7841100x
- Ge, W., M. E. Davis, H. C. Hines, K. M. Irvin and R. C. Simmen. 2001. Association of a genetic marker with blood serum insulin-like growth factor-I concentration and growth traits in Angus cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 79:1757-1762. https://doi.org/10.2527/2001.7971757x
- He, F., D. X. Sun, Y. Yu, Y. C. Wang, Y. Zhang. 2006. Ass ociation between SNPs within prolactin gene and milk perf ormance traits in Holstein dairy cattle. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 19:1384-1389. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.1384
- Taylor, V. J., D. E. Beever, M. J. Bryant and D. C. Wathes. 2006. Pre-pubertal measurements of the somatotrophic axis as predictors of milk production in Holstein-Friesian dairy cows. Domest. Anim. Endocrin. 31:1-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.domaniend.2005.08.002
- Zhu, M. X. and Y. Zhang. 2000. Analysis of correlation between milk protein polymorphisms and dairy performance of Chinese Holstein in Beijing. Chinese J. Anim. Sci. 36:3-6.
- Bostein, D., R. L. White, M. Sckolnick and R. W. Dvis. 1980. Construction of genetic linkage map in man using restriction fragment length polymorphisms. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 32:317-331.
Kuss, A. W., J. Gogol and H. Geldermann. 2003. Association of a polymorphic AP-2 binding site in the 5' flanking region of the bovine
$\beta$-lactoglobulingene with milk proteins. J. Dairy Sci. 86:2213-2218. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(03)73811-9
Lin, F. Y., L. Li and Y. F. Chen. 1999. Analysis of the relationship between genotype of bovine
$\kappa$-casein and milk yield. Chinese J. Anim. Sci. 35:8-9.
- Zhao, C. J., Y. Zhang and N. Li. 1999. Research on the relationship between molecular genetic polymorphism of milk protein and dairy traits in Chinese Holsteins. J. Yellow Cattle Sci. 25:13-15.
Ford, C. A., M. B. Connett and R. J. Wilkins. 1993.
$\beta$- lactoglobulin expression in bovine mammary tissue. Proc. New Zealand Soc. Anim. Prod. 53:167-169.
- Ramunno, L., G. Cosenza, M. Pappalardo, E. Longobardi, D. Gallo, N. Pastore, P. Di Gregorio and A. Rando. 2001. Characterization of two new alleles at the goat CSN1S2 locus. Anim. Genet. 32:264-268. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2001.00786.x
- Sharif, S., B. A. Mallard, B. N. Wilkie, J. M. Sargeant, H. M. Scott, J. C. M. Dekkers and K. E. Leslie. 1998. Association of the bovine MHC DRB3 alleles with occurrence of disease and milk somatic cell score in Canadian dairy cattle. Anim. Genet. 29:185-193. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.1998.00318.x
- Ehrmann, S., H. Bartenschlager and H. Goldermann. 1997a. Polymorphism in the 5′ flanking region of the bovine Lactoglobulin encoding gene and its association with betalactoglobulin in the milk. J. Anim. Breed. Genet. 114:49-53. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0388.1997.tb00491.x
- Sambrook, J. and D. W. Russell. Translated by Huang Pei Tang. 2002. Molecular Cloning A Laboratory Manual. 3nd. Science Press, Beijing, China.
- Starkenburg, R. J., L. B. Hansen, M. E. Kehrli Jr. and H. Chester- Jones. 1997. Frequencies and effects of alternative DRB3. 2 alleles of BoLA for Holsteins in milk selection and control lines. J. Dairy Sci. 80:3411-3419. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(97)76316-1
- Mark, H. V., A. I. Bettina and N. B. Benhard. 2001. IGF-I treatment reduces hyperphagia, obesity, and hypertension in metabolic disorders induced by fetal programming. Endocrin. 142:3964-3973. https://doi.org/10.1210/en.142.9.3964
- Baxter, R. C. 1993. Circulating binding proteins for the insulin growth factors. Trends Endocrin Met. 4:91-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/1043-2760(93)90085-S
- Richert, M. M. and T. L. Wood. 1999. The insulin-like growth factors and IGF type I receptor during postnatal growth of the muyine mammary gland: sites of mRNA expression and potential functions. Endocrin. 140:454-461. https://doi.org/10.1210/en.140.1.454
- Zhou, L., Y. Y. Yang, Z. H. Li, L. J. Kong, G. D. Xing, H. S. Di and G. L. Wang. 2006. Detection and characterization of PCRSSCP markers of the bovine lactoferrin gene for clinical mastitis. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 19:1399-1403. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.1399
- Milk Protein Polymorphism Characterization: a Modern Tool for Sustainable Conservation of Endangered Romanian Cattle Breeds in the Context of Traditional Breeding vol.10, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/su10020534