- Volume 7 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Image Segmentation Using Anisotropic Diffusion Based on Diagonal Pixels
대각선 방향 픽셀에 기반한 이방성 확산을 이용한 영상 분할
- Published : 2007.02.28
Anisotropic diffusion is one of the widely used techniques in the field of image segmentation. In the conventional anisotropic diffusion -, usually 4-neighborhood directions are used: north, south, west and east, except the image diagonal directions, which results in the loss of image details and causes false contours. Existing methods for image segmentation using conventional anisotroplc diffusion can't preserve contour information, or noises with high gradients become more salient as the umber of times of the diffusion increases, resulting in over-segmentation when applied to watershed. In this paper, to overcome the shortcoming of the conventional anisotropic diffusion method, a new arusotropic diffusion method based on diagonal edges is proposed. And a method of watershed segmentation is applied to the proposed method. Experimental results show that the process time of the proposed method including diagonal edges over conventional methods can be up to 2 times faster and the Circle image quality improvement can be better up to
Anisotropic Diffusion;Gradient;Edge;Noise;Watershed;Image Segmentation
- A P. Witkin，"Scale-Space Filtering," Proc. 8th Int. Joint Conf. Art. Intelligence， Vol.2, pp.1019-1022，1983.
- P. Perona and J. Malik，"Scale- Space and Edge Deκrlion Using Anisotropic Diffusion," IEEE.Trans. Patt. Anal. and :Machine Intell., VoL12,No.7, pp.629-639, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.56205
- M J. Black, G. Sapiro, D. H Marimont, and D. Hegger, "Robust Anisotropic Diffusion," IEEE Trans. hnage Processing, Vol.7, No.3, pp.421-432, :Mar. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.661192
- F. Voci, S. Eiho, N. Sugirnoto， and H Sekiguchi，''Estirnating the Gradient Threshold in the Perona-Mailk Equation，" IEEE Signal Processing Magazine， pp.39-46, May 2004.
- J. Canny, "A Computational Approach to Edge Detection，" IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell，Vol.PAMI-8, pp.679-698, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.1986.4767851
- H Y. Kim, "An Anisotropic Diffusion Meaningful Scale Pmαneter，" Personal Comrnunication. 2005.
- R Lu, 'Novel Anisotropic Diffusion Algorithrn Based on PID Control Law Together with Stopping Mechanisrn," Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 27th Annual Conference Shanghai, China, pp.1-4, Sept. 2005.
- M. Sonka, V. Hlavac, and R Boyle, Image processing，analysis， and machine vision, 2nd ed. PWS publishing, 1998
- H. K Hahn and H. O. Peitgen, "IWT Interactive Watershed Transform A hierarchical method for efficient interactive and automated segmentation of multidimensional grayscale image," Proceeding of SPIE, Vol. 5032，pp.643-653， Feb. 2003.
- Image Edge Detector Based on Analog Correlator and Neighbor Pixels vol.13, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.10.054