- Volume 7 Issue 2
In existing educational systems, it is impossible to synchronize multimedia contents and it is required additional client applications. SMIL(Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language) is based on XML which allows to arrange multimedia objects temporally and spatially, and it can represent multimedia effectively on Web browsers. It is possible to serve the high-quality multimedia on Web browsers by applying SMIL to the previous Web-based educational contents without any client applications. In this paper, we propose the method of developing multimedia educational contents applied by SMIL, and design an authoring tool with a function of transforming SMIL documents to XHTML documents. The tool allows common users to use easily without any plug-ins or applications.
- D. C. A Bultennan, L, Hardman，J. Jansen, K. S. Mullender，and L Rutledge， "GRiNS: GRaphical INterface for Creating and Playing SMIL Documents," Proc.Seventh Intemational World Wide Web Conference (WWW7), Vol.30,No.1-7, pp.519-529, Apr. 1998.
- D. K Shin，D.I. Shin， S. Y. Kim, "Design and Implementation of the SMIL Authoring Tool,"Korea Information processing Society, Vol.10-B No.01 pp.0103-0110 , Feb. 2003.
- G. Flamrnia, "SMIL makes Web plications multimodal，" IEEE Inteligent Systems [see also IEEE Expert]，Vol.13, No.4, pp.12-13, July/Aug.1998.
- T. H Kim, K I. Kim, and K C. Lee, "SMIL Structure Information Generation Algorithm based on Timeline InfomJation," Korea Information Processing Society, Vol.27, No.2, pp.242-244 Oct. 2000.
- J. H. Chae, C. J. Yoo, and O. B. Chang， "XSLTStylesheet Design for Building Web Presentation Layer," Korea Infonnaion Science Society， Vol.31, No.3, pp.255-266, Mar. 2004.
- R. K. Hambleton，Item Response Theory Principles and Application，Kluwer Nijhoff Publising，1985.
- S. Y. Choi, H J. Yang, and H K Baek "An Adaptive Tutoring System based on CAT using ltem Response Theory and Dymamic Contents Providing，" Korea Information Science Society, Vol. 32, No.5, pp.438-448，May 2005.
- S. S. Jun, J. S. Chae，and H S. Choi，"A Design and Implementation of Ternplate- based WYSIWYG XML Editor," Vol.19, No.1, pp.48-59, Mar.2003