- Volume 7 Issue 2
This study examines the effects of learner's metacognition and scaffolding types on problem solving processes by examined 49 undergraduates to identify effective scaffolding type in Web-based PBL. This study classifies problem solving processes as defining the problem, developing solutions, making selections and justifications for the Proposed solution(s), and monitoring the solution. Moreover, it classifies scaffolding types as subject-related scaffolding and process-related scaffolding. As a result, the upper metacognition group showed higher performance only in monitoring solutions than the lower metacognioon group. This study also showed that offered scaffolding effects are not statistically significant. However, the lower metacognition group showed higher performance when subject-related scaffolding was offered and the upper metacognition group showed higher performance when process-related scaffolding was offered in making selections and justifications for the proposed solution(s) and monitoring solution. This study, based on the result of research, can partially verify the effects of learner's metacognition on problem solving processes and interaction effects between scaffolding and metacogniton in Web-based PBL.
Web-based PBL(Problem-Based Learning);Metacognition;Scaffolding
- 장정아 "온라인 문제기반학습 설계모형 개발연구" 한국교육공학회 춘계학술대회 자료집， pp.53-74, 2005.
- J. H Flavell, Metaco.Mecongnition and cognitive monitoring, Allyn and Bacon, 1992.
- J. Osbome, Measuriring metacognitial in the classroom A review of currently available measures, 1999
- M D. Willians, "A Comprehensive Review of Leamer control: The Role of Leamer Characteristics," prceedings of the 1993 National Convention of the AECT, Vol.15, pp.1083-1114, 1993.
- K Cho and Jonassen, "The Effects of Argumentation scaffoblds on Argumentation and Problem，Solving" ETR&D, Vol.50, No.3, pp.5-22, 2002.
- X. Ge and S. M Land， "Scaffolding Students' Problem-Solving Proesses in an ill-structured Task Using Question Prompt," ETR&D, Vol.51, No.1， pp.21-38, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02504515
- K Oliver and M Hannafin, ''Developing and Refining Mental Models in Open-Ended Learning Environments: A Case Study," ETR&D, Vol. 49, No.4, pp.5-32, 2001.
- L. B. Frick, ''Integrating Elements of inquiIy into the Flow of Middle Level Teaching，"Annual Meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teacching， pp.19-22, 1998.
- T. M Pauls， OJllaboratial or cooperation?Analyzing small grop intenanons in edumtiavl erwircnments，ldea Group Publishing，2005.
- H S. Barrows, How to design a problembased curriculum for the preclinical years， Springer, 1985.
- R S. Barrows， Problem-Based Leaming in Media and Beyond，Jossey-Base Publishers 1996.
- 권성호"웹 기반 가상교육에서 협력적 상호작용촉진을 위한 학습자 지원 전략 개발 튜터의 역할을 중심으로" 교육공학연구， 제 17권， 제3호，pp.29-51, 2001.
- Z. L. Berge, "Characteristics of online teaching in post-secondary formal education，" Education Technology, Vol.37, No.3, pp.35-47, 1997.
- 최정임， 문제해결과 웹기반 교육， 교육과학사，1999.
- 김회수， "하이퍼텍스트학습 상황에서 메타인지，인지오류， 인지오류 감지 및 하이퍼텍스트 구조가 저작체제 학습에 미치는 효과" 교육공학연구， 제 11권， 제1호， pp.123-100, 1995.
- A E. Woodfolk，Educational psychology(5thedition), Allyn and Bacon, 1993.
- 박정환， 우옥희， "PBL(Problem-Based Learning)이 학습자의 메타인지 수준에 따라 문제해결과정에 미치는 효과" 교육공학연구， 제 15권， 제3호， pp.55-81, 1999.
- B. Rosenslùne and C. Meister, "The use of scaffolds for teaching high-level cognitive strategy"，Educational Leadership, Vol.4, pp.26-33, 1992.
- 장선영， 웹기반 문제해결학습 환경에서 스캐폴딩 유형이 문제해결 단계에 미치는 효과， 서울대석사학위논문， 2005.
- X. D. Lin, "Design Metacognitive Activity,"ETR&D, Vol.49, No.2, pp.23-40, 2001
- R E. Mayer, Thinking， Problem solving, Cognitia:Second Edition, New York: Freeman, 1992.
- 김래연， 정보 리터러시 모델을 적용한 웹 기반 학습환경에서 에타인지 수준과 정보문제 해결 능력과의 상관연구， 이화여자대학교 석사학위논문, 2000.