- Volume 31 Issue 3 Serial No. 258
The concrete pipe(Hume, PC) and polyethylene(PE) pipe are usually used for dram pipe in local market. Hume pipe, however, is heavy and needs the high cost of construction and PC pipe has a disadvantage to easily occur the deformation by the outside pressure even though it is light and constructible. The corrugated steel pipe coated with polyethylene is used increasedly because it is durable, constructible and economical. However, it is not used for sewage or waste water because it is hard to guarantee the watertight property on the coupling part. In this study, we studied on the flange coupling and the method of its construction to guarantee the watertight property and easy to use. If the developed flange coupling and method are used on a construction field, the economical property, constructible property and structural safety can be guaranteed.
Corrugated Steel Pipe;Flange Coupling;Polyethylene;Leakage;Snap-Fit
- Lee, K. H. and Park, J. H., 2006, 'Evaluation of Construction Operation and Design Properties of CLSM for Corrugated Pipe in Underground,' Journal of Korean Society of Pavement Engineers, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 63-74
- Kim, S. K., Jeong, J. S., Kwak, P. J., Choi, J. H., Lee, H. D. and Lee, T. Y., 2004, 'Corrosion and Abrasion Characteristics of PE Sheet Laminated Corrugated Steel Pipe,' Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 163-169
- NCSPA, 1996, 'Evaluation Methodology for Corrugates Steel Pipe Coating/Invert Treatments.'
- Kim, J. M., Cho, S. D., Cho B. H. and Oh, S. Y., 2000, 'Site Monitoring Analysis of the Corrugated Steel Pipe Using Geosynthethics,' Proc. of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 605-608
- Ahn, W. C., Han, T. H., Lim, N. H. and Kang, Y. J., 2003, 'Buckling Behavior of Corrugated Steel Pipe Under External Uniform Pressure,' Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 33-40
- Hwang, W. S., Wi, Y. M. and Jeong, D. A., 2003, 'Tensile Behaviors of Corrugated Steel Plates in the Wave-Direction,' Journal of KSCE, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 73-76
- Hwang, Y. T., Oh, S. K. and Yi, W., 2001, 'Construction of Attractor System by Integrity Evaluation of Polyethylene Piping Materials,' Proc. of the KSME Conference, pp. 609-615