- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fish-trait Simulator for Constructing Virtual Aquarium System
가상수족관 시스템 구축을 위한 어류 생태 시뮬레이터
- Published : 2007.03.28
In a virtual aquarium, the behavior of fish objects is the most important factor in respect of visual effects. In addition to the individual behavior of fish object, the interactions between objects due to their attributes, can improve the dynamics and reality of the virtual world. In this paper, we analyze the principal habits of fish objects such as the vitality, the range of movement, the maximum depth of water they can live, and the cycle of eating. Then, we suggest a method for simulating the stable marine ecosystem with controlling the behaviors, the interaction with other species, the average span of life, and all that sort of thing based on the result of analysis. Because we can freely modify the behavior of fish object by altering the values of attributes, it can be utilized in the dynamic virtual aquarium, the 3D aquarium screen saver, and the virtual fish game, and so on.
Virtual Aquarium;Fish Objects;The Values of Attributes
- X. Tu and D. Terzopoulos，" Artificial fishes : physics, locomotion， perception, behavior," ACMSIGGRAPH 94, July 1994.
- 김기호， "가상현실 기법을 이용한 가상수족관 시스템 개발" 대한인간공학회 추계학술대회논문집，pp.166-170, 1996.
- 이현철， 윤재홍， 김은석， 허기택， "유체역학기반의가상수족관 구축 기술" 한국콘텐츠학회지， 제3권 제2호， pp.75-84, 2005.
- D. Kim, H Kim, and S. Shin, "An event-driven approach to crowd simulation with example motions," KAIST CS-TR 186, 2003.
- S. Musse, C. Babski, T. Capin, and D. Thalmann, "Crowd modeling in collaborative virtual environments," ACM VRST 98, Nov. 1998.
- S. Musse and D. Thalmann， "A model of human crowd behavior Group inter-relationship and collision detection analysis," Workshop of Computer Animation and Simulation of Eurographics 97, Sep. 1997
- C. Reynolds, "Flocks, herds and schools: A distributecl behavioral model，" ACM SIG GRAPH 87, July 1987.
- D. Brogan and J. Hodgins，"Group behaviors for systems with significant dynamics," Autonomous Robots 4, pp.137-153, 1997.