- Volume 31 Issue 4
Human factors have been considered the primary reason of marine accidents. Especially, the collision between vessels is mostly mused by human behavior. However, there have not been many researches to clarify the reason of marine accidents mused by human factors quantitatively. In order to understand human factors and to enhance safe navigation systematically, using a full mission ship-handling simulator, we've investigated the characteristics of avoiding behavior taken by mariners. Further in order to apply the characteristics more widely and effectively, it's necessary to formulate the standard behavior for ship-handling in the condition of collision avoidance. Is this study, therefore, we intended to propose the concept to model the mariner's standard behavior on the handling of collision avoidance as the first step. As a result, we confirmed the contents of information processing in ship-handling that mariner's generally taking to avoid collision.
Human factors;Mariner' standard behavior;Collision avoidance;Information processing works;Task and Judgment
- Kobayashi, H. (2003), "Simulator Application", Proceeding of International Conference on Marine Simulation and Ship Maneuverability, pp. 1-12.
- Kobayashi, H. (2004), "Application of Maritime Simulator for Enhancement of Safety Navigation", Proceeding of 4th Japan-Korea Workshop on Marine Simulator Research, pp. 1-13.
- Kobayashi, H. (2005), "Functional Approach on the Techniques of Ship Handling", Proceeding of 5th Asian Conference on Marine Simulator and Simulation Research, pp. 1- 10.
- Park, J. S., Kobayashi, H. and Yea, B. D. (2003), "The Relation between Human Behavior and Safety in the Collision Avoidance Situation", Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol.27, No.6, pp. 611-618. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2003.27.6.611
- 1. Mariner's Performances and the Behavior Fluctuation Affecting Navigational Safety vol.36, pp.4, 2012, doi:10.5394/KINPR.2007.31.4.281