- Volume 10 Issue 5
Korea Railroad Research Institute has developed the driverless rubber-tired K-AGT (Korean-Automated Guideway Transit) system from 1999 to 2005 and has done its performance and reliability tests on the test line at Gyeongsan-city. Radio Frequency Communication-Based Train Control system of K-AGT, which employed Advanced Automated Train Control scheme, detects train position using the radio propagation delay between wayside and vehicle radio equipment. In this paper, we investigate whether the transmission power of radio system can be reduced to the permitted level announced by the Ministry of Information and Communication for license-free ISM(Industrial Scientific Medical) frequency bands. We first determine radio propagation model, using the measured data at test line, and perform simulation for radio coverage prediction. From the simulation results, we identify that the radio system operated with reduced power can provide good link quality in total test line.
- 한국철도기술연구원(2004), '경량전철 신호제어시스템 기술개발 연구개발보고서'
- 한국철도기술연구원(2005), '경량전철시스템 기술개발사업 운영 안정화 연구결과보고서-신호제어시스템기술개발분야'
- RTRI & JR동일본문화재단(2003), 'Japanese Railway Technology Today', Ch.7
- Michael Fitzmaurice (2006), 'Use of 2.4GHz frequency band for communications based train control data communications systems', Proceedings of JRC2006, April 4-6, pp.263-267
- Web site, 'http://www.tsd.org'
- 전파연구소고시 제2005-127호(2005), '방송 . 해상 . 항공 . 전기통신사업용 외의 기타업무용 무선설비의 기술기준'
- G. L. Mayhew, Kivett, J. A. Kivett, J. G. Himes, J. A. Evans (1994), 'Application of radio navigation technology to advanced automatic train control', IEEE Position Location and Navigation Symposium, pp.217-224
- 조봉관(2002), '무선에 의한 열차위치검지 기술개발 동향', 한국철도기술연구원 해외철도기술동향, 7회, pp.21-26
- ITU (1994), 'Calculation of free-space attenuation', Rec. ITU-R PN.525-2