- Volume 10 Issue 5
3D finite element analyses of a corrugated steel web girder and a steel truss web girder are conducted to investigate the static and dynamic behaviour of the hybrid girders. And the analyses results are compared with those by the equivalent beam theory. The equivalent theory is a theory that all section properties of a truss structure are replaced by section properties of a beam including a shear coefficient. When applying the equivalent beam theory, the shear coefficient of the corrugated steel web girder is estimated as the area ratio of flange section to web section and that of the steel truss web girder is calculated by the equation proposed by Abdel. Static deflections and natural frequencies by 3D finite element analyses and those by the equivalent beam theory are in good agreement.
- S. P. Timoshenko (1955), 'Strength of Materials', 3rd Editionl, D. Van Nostrand, pp.170-175
- R. P. Gupta and S.C. Goel (1972), 'Dynamic analysis of Staggered Truss framing system', ASCE Structural Division pp.1475-1492
- 김문영, 정성엽(1996), '등가 보요소를 이용한 평면트러스의 안정성 및 자유진동해석', 강구조학회, pp.193-203
- J. T. DeWolf and J. F. Pelliccione (1979), 'Cross-Bracing Design', ASCE Structural Division, pp.1379-1391
- A. M. Abdel-Ghaffar(1979), 'Free Vibration of Suspension Bridge', ASCE Structural Division, pp.767-788