- Volume 7 Issue 4
This paper presents the development of a fuel cell dynamic simulator using a programmable DC power supply and LabVIEW graphical user interface. The developed simulator closely describes the static and dynamic characteristics of an actual proton exchange membrance fuel cell (PEMFC). The experimental results are provided to verify the operation of the simulator. The developed simulator can be used as a convenient and economic alternative to an actual fuel cell for developing and testing a fuel cell power conditioning system.
- M. W. Ellis, M. R. Von Spakovsky, D. J. Nelson, 'Fuel cell systems: efficient, flexible energy conversion for the 21st century', Proc. IEEE, vol. 89, no. 12, pp. 1809-1818, Dec., 2001
- Dachuan Yu and S. Yuvarajan, 'A Novel Circuit Model for PEM Fuel Cell', Proc. IEEE APEC 2004, pp. 362-366, 2004
- W. Choi, P. N. Enjeti, and J. W. Howze, 'Development of an equivalent circuit model of a fuel cell to evaluate the effects of inverter ripple current', Proc. IEEE APEC 2004, pp. 355-361, 2004
- C. Wang, M.H. Nehrir, and S.R. Shaw, 'Dynamic Models and Model Validation for PEM Fuel Cells Using Electrical Circuits', IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 442-451, June, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2004.842357
- Prabha Acharya, Prasad Enjeti 'An Advanced Fuel Cell Simulator', Proc. IEEE APEC 2004, pp. 1554-1558, 2004
- J. Larminie and A. Dicks, Fuel Cell Systems Explained, John Wiley & Sons, England, 2000