- Volume 11 Issue 6
When constructing a high-speed railroad, the reduction of the distance between track centers and the width of track bed will save the construction cost. However the shortening the distance between track centers may cause the stability problems due to higher wind pressure. Therefore the extensive technical review and aerodynamical study should be performed to determine the adequate distance between track centers. In this study, the impact that the increase in wind pressure due to the change of aerodynamic phenomena with the change of the distance between track centers may have on two trains passing by each other was predicted, and the stability of train operation was analyzed in order to review the distance between track centers suitable to Honam HSR trains. And we estimated the aerodynamical effects by the results of the field test.
- Robert. A, (2002). 'Measurement of the Aerodynamic Pressures Produced by Passing Trains,' Proc. 2002 ASME/IEEE Joint Rail Conf., pp. 1-8
- UIC code 779-1, (1996), 'Effect of the Slipstream of Passing Trains on Structures Adjacent to the Track'
- Nam. S.W and Kwon. H.B., (2007), 'A study of aerodynamical effects for determining the distance between track centers by using real train experiment,' J. KSR, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 487-491
- Kobayashi, M, (1995), 'Analysis of Pressure Changes Developed Outside and Inside a Shinkansen Train Running through a Tunnel,' J. JSME (B), Vol. 61, No. 591, pp. 4054-4060 https://doi.org/10.1299/kikaib.61.4054
- Schetz, J, (2001), 'Aerodynamics of High-Speed Trains,' Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech, Vol. 33, pp. 371-414 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fluid.33.1.371
- 김희동, (1996), '고속철도의 공기역학(II),' 대한기계학회지, 제 36권 제3호, pp. 268-280
- Suzuki, M, (2001), 'Study on Interaction between Vehicle Dynamics and Aerodynamic Force on High-Speed train in tunnel,' RTRI Report, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 19-24
- Maeda, T, (1996), 'Review of Micro-pressure Wave Radiating from Tunnel Portal and Pressure Variation under Train Passage,' RTRI Report, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 5-10
- Rochard, B.P., (2000), 'A Review of methods to measure and calculate Train Resistances,' IMechE, Vol. 214, part F, pp. 185-199