- Volume 11 Issue 4
As a railway is receiving attention as an environment-friendly transportation mode, many high speed, inter-city and urban railway are constructed and remodeled in the world. With this trend, railway RAMS was included in the international standard IEC 62278 in 2002. RAMS activity in domestic market is also increased with this international trend. However, IEC 62278 does not describe the methodology of substantial contents like how reliability target is set although it can be used as an overall guideline when RAMS requirements are included in the purchase specification. That is because RAMS requirements should be set with the specific railway condition. It is required to fully understand the meaning of railway RAMS parameters and apply those correspond to the specific railway system and environment condition especially when a quantitative RAMS requirement is set. In this study, the meaning and characteristics of RAMS parameters applicable to the development of quantitative RAMS requirement of rolling stock is described. And the basic concept of RAMS and the definition of failure that IEC 62278 describes is modified and suggested in order to make more suitable to the development of quantitative RAMS requirement.
- EN50126 (1999), Railway applications - The specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
- CLC/TR 50126-2 (2007), Guide to the application of EN50126 for safety.
- 山之內秀一郞(2000), 철도메이터넌스, 교통신문사.
- IEC62278 (2002), Railway applications - The specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
- CLC/TR 50126-3 (2006), Guide to the application of EN50126 for rolling stock RAMS.