- Volume 11 Issue 2
Brake disks for rolling stock are exposed to thermal fatigue during braking, and thermal cracks occur on surface of disks. Thermal cracks can cause serious accidents, deterioration of braking performance and increase of maintenance cost due to frequent exchange of friction materials. In this study, candidate materials with high-heat resistance were selected by searching the literature. By using cast specimens made of the candidate materials, chemical composition, crystal structure and graphite type were analyzed. In addition, friction coefficient and wear were measured and compared with values for the disk material in service. As a result, it was shown that the NiCrMo has highest tensile strength and lowest friction coefficient and the disk material in service has the most stable friction characteristics.
- 건설교통부 (2005), '제동시스템 실용기술개발 보고서'
- Junichiro Yamabe, Masami Takagi, Toshiharu Matsui et al. (2002), 'Development of disc brake rotors for trucks with high thermal fatigue strength', JSAE Review 23, pp. 105-112 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0389-4304(01)00153-9
- KS D 4301 (2006), '회 주철품'
- ASTM E 883-94, 'Standard Guide for Reflected-Light Photomicrography'
- ASTM A 247-67, 'Standard Test Method for Evaluating the Microstructure of Graphite in Iron Castings'
- 철도청 (2003), '제동장치 실용화 기술개발 연구보고서'
- S.S. Kim, K.H. Lee and S.M. Lee (1995), 'An Analysis on Surface Cracking Due to Thermomechanical Loading', 한국윤활학회지, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 172-176
- KRS BR 0003-06 (2006), '브레이크 디스크'
- KS B 0805 (2000), '금속 재료 경도 시험 방법'
- ASTM E 3-95, 'Standard Practice for Preparation of Metallographic Specimens'
- Thomas J. Mackin, Steven C. Noe, K.J. Ball, et al (2002), 'Thermal cracking in disc brakes', Engineering Failure Analysis 9, pp. 63-76 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1350-6307(00)00037-6
- KS B 0802 (2003), '금속 재료 인장 시험 방법'
- ISO 945 (1975), 'Cast iron - Designation of microstructure of graphite'
- 이규홍(2003), '내열균열성이 우수한 브레이크 디스크용 편상흑연주철', 특허출원번호 10-2003-0047249
- KS R 4024 (2004), '자동차용 브레이크 라이닝 및 패드'
- UIC 541-3 OR, 'Brakes - Disc brakes and disc brake pads - General conditions governing bench tests'