- Volume 46 Issue 1
Cure Behavior of a DGEBF Epoxy using Asymmetric Cycloaliphatic Amine Curing Agent
비대칭 고리형 지방족 아민 경화제를 이용한 DGEBF 계열 에폭시의 경화 거동
- Kim, Hongkyeong (Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Chungju National University)
- 김홍경 (충주대학교 고분자공학과)
- Received : 2007.12.06
- Accepted : 2008.01.02
- Published : 2008.02.28
The curing kinetics of diglycidyl ether of bisphenol F (DGEBF) with an asymmetric cycloaliphatic amine curing agent were examined by thermal analysis in both isothermal and dynamic curing conditions. From the residual curing of the samples partially cured in isothermal condition and from the dynamic curing with various heating rates, it was found that there exist two kinds of reactions such as at low temperature and at high temperature regions. It was thus also found that the cure parameters obtained from the isothermal curing kinetic model hardly estimate experimental results for a degree of cure larger than 0.6. The activation energies and frequency factors of these two kinds of reactions were obtained from the dynamic curing experiments with various heating rates. From the curing analysis, it was verified that the total cure kinetics for low degrees of cure is dominated by the cure reaction in the low temperature region.
- May, C. A. (Ed.), Epoxy resins. Chemistry and Technology, Marcel Dekker, New York(1988).
- Rozenberg, B. A., "Kinetic, Thermodynamics and Mechanism of Reactions of Epoxy Oligomers with Amines," Adv. in Polym. Sci., 75, 113(1985).
- Gonzalez-Romero, V. M. and Casillas, N., "Kinetic Characterization of Thermosets from Isothermal and Dynamic Data," ANTEC 87, 1119(1987).
- Girard-Reydet, E., Riccardi, C. C., Sautereau, H. and Pascault, J. P., "Epoxy-Aromatic Diamine Kinetics. 1. Modeling and Influence of the Diamine Structure," Macromolecules, 28(23), 7599(1995). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00127a003
- Lee, S.-N. and You, W. B., "Cure Kinetics of An Epoxide/Anhydride/ Amine Resin System: A Fractional-Life Method Approach", Polym. Eng. Sci., 27(17), 1317(1987). https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760271708
- Wise, C. W., Cook, W. D. and Goodwin, A. A., "Chemico-Diffusion Kinetics of Model Epoxy-Amine Resins, " Polymer, 38(13), 3251(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(96)00882-8
- Huguenin, F. G. A. E. and Klein, M. T., "Intrinsic and Transportlimited Epoxy-Amine Cure Kinetics," Ind. Eng. Chem. Proc. Res. Dev., 24(1), 166 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1021/i300017a031
- Deng, Y. and Martin, G. C., "Diffusion and Diffusion-Controlled Kinetics During Epoxy-Amine Cure," Macromolecules, 27(18), 5147 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00096a043
- Kim, B. S., Chiba, T. and Inoue, T., "A New Time-temperaturetransformation Cure Diagram for Thermoset/Thermoplastic Blend: Tetrafunctional Epoxy/Poly(Ether Sulfone)," Polymer, 34(13), 2809(1993) https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(93)90125-T
- Aronhime, M. T. and Gillham, J. K., "Time-Temperature Transformation (TTT) Cure Diagram of Thermosetting Polymeric Systems", Adv. in Polym. Sci., 78, 83(1986). https://doi.org/10.1007/BFb0035358
- Yee, A. F. and Pearson, R. A., "Toughening Mechanisms in Elastomer- Modified Epoxies: Part 1 Mechanical Studies," J. Mater. Sci., 21(7), 2462(1986). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01114293
- Pearson, R. A. and Yee, A. F., "Toughening Mechanisms in Elastomer- Modified Epoxies : Part 2 Microscopy Studies," J. Mater. Sci., 21(7), 2475(1986). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01114294
- Barton, J. M., "Kinetics of Cure of Epoxy Resin System Bisphenol- A Diglycidylether-di(4-Aminophenyl)Sulphone", Polymer, 21(6), 603(1980). https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(80)90314-6
- Camargo, R. E., Gonzalez, V. M. and Macosko, C. W., "Bulk Polymerization Kinetics by the Adiabatic Reactor Method," Rubber Chem. Tech., 56(4), 774(1983). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3538154
- Hatakeyama, T. and Liu, Z. (Ed.), Handbook of Thermal Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 48(1998).