- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Relationship between Differential Expression of Estrogen Receptor and Follicle Stimulating Hormone Receptor Genes in Ovary and Heterosis of Egg Number Traits in Chickens
- Wang, Hui (Department of Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology China Agricultural University) ;
- Sun, Dongxiao (Department of Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology China Agricultural University) ;
- Yu, Ying (Department of Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology China Agricultural University) ;
- Wang, Dong (Department of Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology China Agricultural University) ;
- Zhang, Yi (Department of Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology China Agricultural University) ;
- Zhang, Yuan (Department of Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology China Agricultural University)
- Received : 2007.03.15
- Accepted : 2007.09.21
- Published : 2008.03.01
In order to understand the molecular mechanism of heterosis of reproduction traits in chickens, we used the quantitative real-time reverse transcriptional polymerase chain reaction (Quantitative real-time RT-PCR) technique to investigate the differential expression of estrogen receptor (ESR) and follicle stimulating hormone receptor (FSHR) genes in 32-week-old ovaries of inbred chickens and their hybrid offspring in
- Cheng, N. H., J. S. Yang, Y. P. Gao, M. L. Xu, M. Qian and K. L. Ge. 1996. Primary studies on gene differential expression between maize F1 hybrid and parents. Chinese Sci. Bulletin. 41:451-454.
- Davenport, C. B. 1908. Degeneration, albinism and inbreeding. Sci. 28:454-455.
- Dameral, C. Y., D. Hebert and D. Vienne. 1991. Is the polymorphism of protein amounts related to phenotypic variability? Theor. Appl. Genet. 82:552-560. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00226790
- Griffin, C., G. Flouriot, P. Sharp, G. Greene and F. Gannon. 2001. Distribution analysis of the two chicken estrogen receptoralpha isoforms and their transcripts in the hypothalamus and anterior pituitary gland. Biol. Reprod. 65:1156-1163. https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod65.4.1156
- Griffin, C., G. Flouriot, V. Sonntag-Buck and F. Gannon. 1999. Two functionally different protein isoforms are produced from the chicken estrogen receptor-alpha gene. Mol. Endocrinol. 13:1571-1587. https://doi.org/10.1210/me.13.9.1571
- Katsu, Y., D. S. Bermudez, E. L. Braun, C. Helbing, S. Miyagawa, M. P. Gunderson, S. Kohno, T. A. Bryan, L. J. Guillette and T. Iguchi. 2004. Molecular cloning of the estrogen and progesterone receptors of the American alligator. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 136:122-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygcen.2003.11.008
- Liang, P and A. B. Pardee. 1992. Differential display of eukaryotic messenger RNA by means of the polymerase chain reaction. Sci. 257:967-971. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1354393
- Maxwell, B. L., D. P. McDonnell, O. M. Conneely, T. Z. Schulz, G. L. Greene and B. W. O'Malley. 1987. Structural organization and regulation of the chicken estrogen receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1:25-35. https://doi.org/10.1210/mend-1-1-25
- Romagnoli, S., M. Maddaloni and C. Livini. 1990. Relationship between gene expression and hybrid vigor in primary root tips of young maize (Zea mays L.) plantlets. Theor. Appl. Genet. 80:767-775.
- Rothschild, M. F. 1998. Identification of quantitative trait loci and interesting candidate genes in the pig. Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production. 26:453-456.
- Rothschild, M. F., C. Jacobson and D. Vaske. 1996. The estrogen receptor locus is associated with a major gene influencing litter size in pigs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 1993:201-205
- Shull, G. H. 1908. The composition of a field of maize. Am. Breed. Assn. 4:296-301.
- Chen, J., H. L. Liu, Z. H. Jiang and Y. N. Wu. 2002. Relationship between PCR-SSCP at FSHR locus and litter size in Erhualian pigs. J. Nanjing Agric. Univ. 25:53-56.
- Cheng, N. H., Y. P. Gao, J. S. Yang, M. Qian and K. L. Ge. 1997. Alteration of gene expression in rice hybrid F1 and its parental seedlings. Acta Botanica Sinica. 39:379-382.
- Xiong, L. Z., G. P. Yang and C. G. Xu. 1998. Relationships of differential gene expression in leaves with heterosis and heterozygosity in a rice diallel cross. Molec. Breed. 4:129-136. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009685820649
- Stuber, C. W., S. E. Lincoln, D. W. Wolff, T. Helentjaris and E. S. Lander. 1992. Identification of genetic factors contributing to heterosis in a hybrid from two elite maize inbred lines using molecular markers. Genetics 312:823-839.
- Sun, D. X., D. Wang, Y. Zhang, Y. Ying. 2005. Cloning and characterization of liver cDNAs that are differentially expressed between chicken hybrids and their parents, Asian- Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 18 (12):1684-1690. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2005.1684
- Sun, D. X., D. Wang, Y. Zhang, Y. Ying, G. Y. Xu and J. Y. Li. 2005. Differential gene expression in liver of inbred chickens and their hybrid offspring. Anim. Genet. 36:210-215. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.2005.01288.x
- Sun, Q. X., Z. F. Ni and Z.Y. Liu. 1999. Differential gene expression between wheat hybrids and their parental inbreds in seedling leaves. Euphytica. 106:117-123. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1003548300088
- Tian, C. Y. and J. R. Dai. 2002. Studies on differential gene expression of maize by means of cDNA-AFLP technique. Chinese Sci. Bulletin. 47:1412-1416.
- Tian, C. Y. and J. R. Dai. 2003. Relationship between differential gene expression patterns in functional leaves of maize inbreds and hybrids at spikelet differentiation stage and heterosis. Acta Genetica Sinica. 30:154-162.
- Utako, M., K. Masahiro and F. Takafumi. 2000. Real-Time Automated PCR for early diagnosis and monitoring of cytomegalovirus infection after bone marrow transplantation. J. Clinic. Microbiol. 38:2536-2542.
- Wang, D., Y. Zhang, D. X. Sun, Y. Ying, G. Y. Xiu and J. Y. Li. 2004. Gene differential expression in liver tissues in crossbred versus purebred chicken and their relationship with heterosis of meat traits. Acta Genetia Sinica. 31:257-264.
- Wang, H., D. X. Sun, Y. Ying and Y. Zhang. 2005. Relationship between differential gene expression in ovary and heterosis of egg number traits in a chicken diallel cross. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 18:767-771. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2005.767
- Xie, X. D., Z. F. Ni, F. R Meng, L. M. Wu, Z. K. Wang and Q. X. Sun. 2003. Relationship between differences of gene expression in early developing seeds of hybrid versus parents and heterosis in wheat. Acta Genetia Sinica. 30:260-266.