- Volume 57 Issue 3
A Study of Position Control Performance Enhancement in a Real-Time OS Based Laparoscopic Surgery Robot Using Intelligent Fuzzy PID Control Algorithm
Intelligent Fuzzy PID 제어 알고리즘을 이용한 실시간 OS 기반 복강경 수술 로봇의 위치 제어 성능 강화에 관한 연구
- 송승준 (고려대 의대 의학과 의용생체공학) ;
- 박준우 (국립암센터 연구소 의공학연구과) ;
- 신정욱 (국립암센터 연구소 의공학연구과) ;
- 이덕희 (국립암센터 연구소 의공학연구과) ;
- 김연호 (고려대 의대 한국인공장기센터) ;
- 최재순 (고려대 의대 한국인공장기센터)
- Published : 2008.03.01
The fuzzy self-tuning PID controller is a PID controller with a fuzzy logic mechanism for tuning its gains on-line. In this structure, the proportional, integral and derivative gains are tuned on-line with respect to the change of the output of system under control. This paper deals with two types of fuzzy self-tuning PID controllers, rule-based fuzzy PID controller and learning fuzzy PID controller. As a medical application of fuzzy PID controller, the proposed controllers were implemented and evaluated in a laparoscopic surgery robot system. The proposed fuzzy PID structures maintain similar performance as conventional PID controller, and enhance the position tracking performance over wide range of varying input. For precise approximation, the fuzzy PID controller was realized using the linear reasoning method, a type of product-sum-gravity method. The proposed controllers were compared with conventional PID controller without fuzzy gain tuning and was proved to have better performance in the experiment.
- P.J. Gawthrop and P.E. Nomikos, "Automatic tuning of commercial PID controllers for single-loop and multi-loop applications," IEEE Control System Magazine, vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 34-42, January 1990.
- Q.G. Wang, T.H. Lee, H.W. Fung, Q. Bi and Y. Zhang, "PID tuning for improved performance," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 457-465, July 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.772161
- Y. Nishikawa, N. Sannomyya, T. Ohta and H. Tanaka, "A methods for auto-tuning of PID control parameters," Automatica, vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 321-332, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(84)90047-5
- D.P. Atherton, "PID controller tuning," IEE Computing and Control Engineering Journal, pp. 44-50, April 1999.
- K.J. Astrom and T. Hagglund, "Automatic tuning of PID controllers," Instrument Society of America, 1988
- T. Shigemasa, Y. Iino and M. Kanda, "Two degrees of freedom PID auto-tuning controllers," 대한전자공 학회 학술회의 논문집, 제2권, pp. 724-728, 1987. 1.
- J.G. Ziegler and N.B. Nichols, "Optimum settings for automatic controllers," Transactions of ASME, vol. 64, pp. 759-768, November 1942.
- W. Li, "Design of a hybrid fuzzy logic proportional plus conventional integral-derivative controller," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 449-463, November 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.728430
- B. Hu, G.K.I. Mann, and R.G. Gosine, "New methodology for analytical and optimal design of fuzzy PID controllers," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 521-539, October 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/91.797977
- M. Mizumoto, "Realization of PID controls by fuzzy control methods," IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 4, 709-715, March 1992.
- C. Liu, J, Xu, and C.C. Hang, "Comparison between a fuzzy PID controller and a kind of nonlinear PID controller," Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, vol 3, pp. 2736-2741, December 1997.
- Z. Zhao, M. Tomizuku, and S. Isaka, "Fuzzy gain scheduling of PID controller," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 23, No 5, pp. 1392-1398, September-October 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/21.260670
- H.B. Kazemian, "Development of an intelligent fuzzy controller," IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 1, pp. 517-520, December 2001.
- S. Assilian, "Artificial intelligence in the control of real dynamic systems," Ph.D. Thesis, Queen Mary College, University of London, 1974.
- Y. Shi and M. Mizumoto, "A learning algorithm for tuning fuzzy inference rules," IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems Conference Proceedings, vol. 1, pp. 378-382, August 1999.
- H.B. Kazemian, "Study of learning fuzzy controllers," Expert Systems: The International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Neural Networks, vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 186-193, September 2001.
- V. Sangveraphunsiri and T. Karmwilaikom, "Development of a Six Degree-of-Freedom Master-Slave Manipulator System," Proceeding of the 15th Thailand Mechanical Engineering Network, November 2001.
- G.S. Guthart and J.K. Salisbury, "The IntuitiveTM telesurgery system: overview and application," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol. 1, pp. 618-621, April 2000.
- S.C. Low and L. Phee, "A review of master-slave robotic system for surgery," IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, vol. 1, pp. 37-42, December 2004.
- J.C. Lee, J.W. Park, S.Y. Hong, C.H. Lee, J.W. Shin, S.J. Park and Y.H. Jo, "A new compact slave manipulator for telerobotic abdominal surgery," 17th International Conference of Society for Medical Innovation and Technology, September 2005
- L. Zheng, "A practical guide to tune of proportional and integral(PI) like fuzzy controller," IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 633-640, March 1992.
- R. Palm, "Tuning of scaling factors in fuzzy controllers using correlation functions," IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 2, pp. 691-696, March 1993.
- M. Mizumoto, "Product-sum-gravity method = Fuzzy singleton-type reasoning method = Simplified fuzzy reasoning method," Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy systems, vol. 3, pp. 2098-2102, September 1996.
- Y.C. Liou and S.M. Guu, "Linear-Time Algorithm for the Fuzzy Weighted Average Method," Journal of the Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers, vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 7-12, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/10170660209509198