- Volume 8 Issue 2
Tn this paper, we design and analyze an election algorithm, based on the Bully algorithm, in synchronous distributed systems. We show that the Bully algorithm, when using Failure Detector, is more effectively implemented than the classic Bully algorithm for synchronous distributed systems.
- E. J. Chang and R. Roberts, "An improved algorithm for the decentralized extrima-finding in circular configurations of processes," Communication of ACM, Vol.22, No.5, pp.281-283, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1145/359104.359108
- G. L. Peterson, "An O(nlogn) unidirectional algorithm for circular extrima problem," ACM Trans. Programming language and systems, Vol.4, pp.758-762, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1145/69622.357194
- D. S. Hirshberg and J. B. Sinclair, "Decentralized extrima finding in circular configurations of Processors," Communications of the ACM, Vol.23, No.11, pp.627-628, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1145/359024.359029
- R. Gallager, P. Humblet, and P. Spira. "A distributed algorithm for minimum weighted spanning trees," ACM trans. On Programming language and Systems, Vol.5, No.1, pp.66-77, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1145/357195.357200
- G. Gafini, "Improvement in time complexity of two message optimal algorithm," Proc. Principles of Distributed Computing Conf., pp.175-185, 1985.
- F. Chin and H. F. Ting, "An almost linear time and O(nlogn+e) message distributed algorithm for minimum weighted spanning trees," Proc. Foundations of Computer Science Conf., pp.257-166, 1985.
- R. Chow, K. Luo, and R. N. Wolfe, "An optimal distributed algorithm for failure driven leader election in bounded-degree networks," Proc. IEEE Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems, pp.136-141, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/FTDCS.1992.217503
- H. G. Molian, "Elections in a distributed computing system," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol.C-31, No.1, pp.49-59, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.1982.1675885
- D. C. Tushar and T. Sam, "Unreliable failure detectors for reliable distributed systems," Journal of ACM, Vol.43, No.2, pp.225-267, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1145/226643.226647
- V. Hadzilacos and S. Toueg, "B. Reliable and Related Problems," In Distributed Systems (Second Edition), ACM Press, New York, pp.97-145, 1993.
- D. Shlomi, I. Amos, and M. Shlomo, "Uniform dynamic self-stablizing leader election," In Sam Toueg, Paul G. Spirakis, and K. Lefteris, Proc. 5th International Workshop on distributed Algorithms(WDAG '91), of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.579, pp.167-180, 1991.
- I. Gene, L. Chengdian, and S. Janos, "Deterministic, constant space, self-stabilizing leader election on uniform rings," In Jean-Michel Helary and Michel Raynal, editors, Proc. 9th International Workshop on Distributed Algorithms(WDAG '95), Vol.972, pp.288-302, 1995.
- G. Rachid, "On the hardness of failuresensitive agreement problems," Information Processing Letter, Vol.79, No.2, pp.99-104, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-0190(00)00171-X
- A. Mostefaoui, E. Mourgaya, and M. Raynal, "Asynchronous Implementation of Failure Detectors," Proc. Int. IEEE Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks(DSN'03), IEEE Computer Press, San Francisco(CA), pp.351-360, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/DSN.2003.1209946