- Volume 8 Issue 2
In various manners, string pattern matching algorithm has been proven for prominence in speed of searching particular queries and keywords. Whereas, the existing algorithms are limited in terms of various pattern. In this paper, regular expression has been utilized to improve efficiency of pattern matching through efficient execution towards various pattern of queries including particular keywords. Such as this research would enable to search various harmful string pattern more efficiently, rather than matching simple keywords, which also implies excellent speed of string pattern matching compared to that of those existing algorism. In this research, the proposed string search engine generated from the LEX are more efficient than BM & AC algorithm for a string patterns search speed in cases of 1000 with more than patterns, but we have got similar results for the keywords pattern matching.
String Pattern Matching;Regular Expression;LEX;BM & AC Algorithm
- S. B. Robert and J. M. Strother, "A Fast String Searching Algorithm," CACM, Vol.20. No.10, 1977.
- A. Aho and M. Corasick, "Efficient string matching: an aid to bibliographic search," CACM, Vol.18, 1975.
- D. Gusfield, "Algorithms on Strings, Trees, and Sequences: Computer Science and Computational Biology," University of California Press, CA, 1997.
- C. C. Jason, Stuart Stanford, Joseph McAlerney, "Towards Faster String Matching for Intrusion Detection or Exceeding the Speed of Snort," CACM, 1992.
- T. S. Axel, "Using C with CURSES, LEX and YACC," Prentice Hall, 1990.
- J. P. Tremblay and P. G. Sorenson, "The Theory and Practice of Compiler Writing," McGraw-Hill, 1993.
- H. Ellis and S. Sartaj, "Fundmentals of Computer Algorithms," Computer and Science Press, 1978.
- K. Ilgun, R. A. Kemmerer, and P. A. Porras, "State Transition Analysis: A Rule-Based Intrusion Detection System," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol.21, No.3, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/32.372146
- R. Sekar and P. Uppuluri, "Synthesizing Fast Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems from High-Level Specifications," In Proceedings of the USENIX Security Symposium, 1999.
- L. Kyle, "Mastering Algorithms with C," O'Reilly, 1999.
- F. Mike and V. George, "An Anylysis of Fast String Matching Applied to Content-Based Forwarding and Intrusion Detection," IEEE INFOCOM, 2002.
- G. Stephen, "String Searching Algorithms," World Scientific, 1994.