- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Improving the Performance of Cellular Network by Controlling SIP Retransmission Time Interval and Implementing Home Network
셀룰러 망에서 SIP 재전송 간격조절에 의한 성능 개선과 이를 이용한 홈 네트워크 구현
- Published : 2008.02.28
Recently, due to the rapid advances of mobile communication, multimedia service can be provided by mobile devices. Cellular network tends to uses SIP as a call setup protocol in order to provide various multimedia service to consumers. Cellular network holds the characteristic of higher BER(Bit Error Rate), narrower bandwidth than the wired network. The value of SIP RTI(Retransmission Time interval) based on the wired network decreases a network efficiency and increases a call setup delay over cellular network. By using NS-2 simulator, we show new SIP RTI value adequate over cellular network. We design and implement home network by using the modified SIP that is suitable for cellular network.
SIP;Wireless Cellular Network;Home Network
- J. Rosenberg, "SIP : Session Initiation Protocol" IETF RFC 3261, 2002(6).
- HALA ELAARAG, "Improving TCP Performance over mobile networks," ACM Computing Serveys, Vol.34, No.3, pp.357-374, 2002(9). https://doi.org/10.1145/568522.568524
- A. Kist and R. J. Harris, "SIP Signaling Delay in 3GPP," Proc, Sixth Int'l Symp, Comm, Interworking, pp.211-222, 2002.
- H, Fathi, S. S. Chakraborty, R. Prasad, "Optimization of SIP session setup delay for VoIP in 3G wireless networks," IEEE Trans, on Mobile Computing, Vol.5, No.9, pp.1121-1132, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2006.135
- R. Price, "Signaling Compression(SigComp)," RFC 3320, 2003(1).
- B. Dai, F. Wang, K. Jinshui, "Performance analysis of signaling using SigComp scheme in narrowband system," CCNA, Vol.1, pp.376-379, 2006.
- http:// www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- 배성수, 최규태, 차세대 네트워크 이동통신기술, 세화출판사, p.406, 2006.
- The JAIN SIP 1.2 Specification(JSR 32), SUN microsystems.
- SIPA 1.0.1 Specification(JSR 180), SUN microsystems.