- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison Study with Pain Assessment Tools of Pain Measurement in Children for Intravenous Catheter Placement in the Computed Tomography
CT 검사에서 소아 환자의 정맥 카데터 삽입 통증에 대한 측정 도구 비교
- Published : 2008.02.28
Needle phobia of medical devices is a significant problem in children patients. We conducted study in 130 pediatric patients aged
- S. C. Kettwich, W. L. Sibbitt, L. G. Kettwich, C. J. Palmer, H. T. Draeger, and A. D. Bankhurst, "Patients with needle phobia? Try stressreducing medical devices," J Fam Pract, Vol.55, pp.697-700, 2006.
- S. C. Kettwich, W. L. Jr. Sibbitt, J. R. Brandt, C. R. Johnson, C. S. Wong, and A. D. Bankhurst, "Needle phobia and stress-reducing medical devices in pediatric and adult chemotherapy patients," J Pediatr Oncol Nurs, Vol.24, No.1, pp.20-28, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/1043454206296023
- D. Fassler, "The fear of needles in children," Am J Orthopsychiatry, Vol.55, No.3, pp.371-377, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1939-0025.1985.tb03452.x
- M. McCaffery, "Pain relief for the child: problem areas and selected nonpharmacological methods," J. P. Nurs, Vol.3, pp.11-16, 1977.
- N. L. Schechter, "The undertreatment of pain in children: An overview," Ped Clin North Am, Vol.36, pp.781-794, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3955(16)36721-9
- A. Williamson and B. Hoggart, "Pain: a review of three commonly used pain rating scales," J. C. Nurs, Vol.14, No.7, pp.798-804, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2005.01121.x
- J. Chibnall and R. Tait, "Pain assessment in cognitively impaired and unimpaired older adults: A comparison four scales," Pain, Vol.92, pp.173-186, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(00)00485-1
- E. J. Kim and M. T. Buschmann, "Reliability and validity of the faces pain scale with older adults," Int. J. Nurs Stud, Vol.43, No.4, pp.447- 456, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2006.01.001
- M. H. S. Hayes and D. G. Patterson, "Experimental development of the graphic rating method," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.18, pp.98-99, 1921.
- M. E. Cline, J. Herman, E. R. Shaw, and R. D. Morton, "Standardization of the visual analogue scale," Nurs Res, Vol.41, pp.378-380, 1992.
- C. A. Bodian, G. Freedman, S. Hossain, J. B. Eisenkraft, and Y. Beilin, "The visual analog scale for pain: clinical significance in postoperative patients," Anesthesiology, Vol.95, No.6, pp.1356-1361, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000542-200112000-00013
- N. Burns and S. K. Grove, The practice of nursing research conduct, critique, and utilization. 4th ed., W. B. Saunders company, 2001.
- C. T. Hartrick, J. P. Kovan, and S. Shapiro, "The numeric rating scale for clinical pain measurement: a ratio measure?" Pain Pract, Vol.3, No.4, pp.310-316, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-7085.2003.03034.x
- D. Wong and C. Baker, "Pain in children: comparison of assessment scales," J Pediatr Nurs, Vol.14, pp.9-17, 1988.
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, "Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement," Lancet, Vol.1, pp.307-10, 1986.
- D. C. Kweon, S. M. Hong, and P. Park, "Comparison of time analysis on the film based system versus PACS in the CT scanning," IE Interfaces, Vol.15, No.4, pp.439-443, 2002.
- K. Abbott and S. Fowler-Kerry, "The use of a topical refrigerant anesthetic to reduce injection pain in children," J Pain Symptom Manage, Vol.10, No.8, pp.584-590, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0885-3924(95)00086-0
- C. Viele, "Tips help to minimize injection-site pain from epoetin alfa therapy," Oncol Nurs Forum, Vol.21, No.4, pp.781-782, 1994.
- C. L. Wang, R. H. Cohan, J. H. Ellis, S. Adusumilli, and N. R. Dunnick, "Frequency, management, and outcome of extravasation of nonionic iodinated contrast medium in 69,657 intravenous injections," Radiology, Vol.243, No.1, pp.80-87, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2431060554
- C. M. Baker and D. L. Wong, "QUEST. A process of pain assessment in children," Orthop Nurs, Vol.6, pp.11-21, 1987.
- M. McCaffery and C. Pareso, "Pain ratings: the fifth vital sign," Am J Nurs, Vol.97, No.2, pp.15-16, 1997.
- H. R. Chapman and N. Kirby-Turner, "Visual/Verbal Analogue Scales: Examples of brief assessment methods to aid management of child and adult patients in clinical practice," Br Dent J, Vol.193, No.8, pp.447-450, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4801593
- J. Lander, S. Fowler-Kerry, and S. Oberle, "Children's venipuncture pain: influence of technical factors," J Pain Symptom Manage, Vol.7, No.6, pp.343-349, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0885-3924(92)90087-X
- C. R. Chapman, K. L. Casey, R. Dubner. K. M. Foley, R. H. Gracely, and A. E. Reading, "Pain measurement: an overview," Pain, Vol.22, No.1, pp.1-31, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(85)90145-9
- G. D. Champion, B. Goodenough, C. L. von Baeyer, and W. Thomas, Self-report measures of pain in children. In: PJ McGrath, GA Finley (Eds.) Measurement of pain in infants and children. Progress in pain research and management. IASP press(International Association for the Study of Pain), Vol.10, pp.123-160, 1998.
- K. L. Cassidy, G. J. Reid, P. J. McGrath, G. A. Finley, D. J. Smith, and C. Morley, "Watch needle, watch TV: Audiovisual distraction in preschool immunization," Pain Med, Vol.3, No.2, pp.108-118, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1526-4637.2002.02027.x
- M. Gharaibeh and H. Abu-Saad, "Cultural validation of pediatric pain assessment tools: Jordanian perspective," J Transcult Nurs, Vol.13, No.1, pp.12-18, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/104365960201300103
- C. L. Hicks, C. L. von Baeyer, P. A. Spafford, I. van Korlaar, and B. Goodenough, "The faces pain scale-revised: toward a common metric in pediatric pain measurement," Pain, Vol.93, No.2, pp.173-183, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(01)00314-1
- H. J. Paik and Y, M. Ahn, "Measurement of pain following strabismus surgery in children," J Korean Ophthalmol Soc, Vol.41, No.4, pp.985-992, 2000.
- C. L. Hicks, C. L. von Baeyer, P. A. Spafford, I. van Korlaar and B. Goodenough, "The faces pain scale-revised: toward a common metric in pediatric pain measurement," Pain, Vol.93, No.2, pp.173-183, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3959(01)00314-1