- Volume 57 Issue 4
This paper describes the design of high power transistor packages using high power chip transistor dies, chip capacitors and a new wire bonding technique. Input impedance variation and output power performances according to wire inductance and resistance for internal matching are also discussed. A multi crossing type(MCT) wire bonding technique is proposed to replace the conventional stepping stone type(SST) wire bonding technique, and eventually to improve the output power performances of high power transistor packages. Using the proposed MCT wire bonding technique, it is possible to design high power transistor packages with highly improved output power compared to SST even the package size is kept to be the same.
- John L.B. Walker, High Power GaAs FET Amplifiers. ARTECH HOUSE, 1993
- W. Nagy, S. Singhal, R. Borges, J.W. Johnson, J.D. Brown, R. Therrien, A. Chaudhari, A.W. Hanson, J. Riddle, S. Booth, P. Rajagopal, E. L. Piner, K.J. Linthicum, "150 W GaN-on-Si RF Power Transistor", 2005 IEEE MTT-S International, pp:483-486
- Steve C. Cripps, RF Power Amplifiers For Wireless Communications. ARTECH HOUSE, 2006
- Hidenori Shimawaki and Hironobu Miyamoto, "GaN-based FETs for Microwave High-Power Applications" 13th GAAS Symposium2005. pp:377-380
- D.M. Keogh, J.C. LI, A.M. Conway, D. Qiao, S. Raychaudhuri, and P.M. Asbeck, "Anaylisys of GaN HBT Structures for High Power, High Efficiency Microwave Amplifiers" International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, Vol. 14, No. 3 pp:831-836, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1142/S0129156404002910
- Helge O. Granberg, "A Two-stage 1kW Solid-state Linear Amplifier", Motorola semiconductor application note(AN758).
- Singhal, S., Brown, J.D., Borges, R., Piner, E., Nagy, W., & Vescan, A. "Gallium Nitride on silicon HEMTs for wireless infrastructure applications, thermal design and performance" European Microwave Week, 2002
- Markus Mayer & Holger Arthaber, "RF Power Amplifier Design", Vienna University of Technology, 2001
- "150-W, 2.11-2.17 GHz Balanced Compact Amplifier For IMT-2000 Base-Station Application Using The FLL1500IU-2C GaAs FET Device", FUJITSU APPLICATION NOTE(No 008)