- Volume 45 Issue 3
A Clustered Flash Translation Layer for Mobile Storage Systems
휴대용 저장장치 시스템을 위한 Clustered Flash Translation Layer
- Park, Kwang-Hee (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Deok-Hwan (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Inha University)
- Published : 2008.03.25
It is necessary to develop the flash memory system software FTL(Flash Translation Layer) which is used in mobile storage like Compact Flash memory. In this paper, we design the FTL using clustered hash table and two phase software caching method to translate logical address into physical address fastly. The experimental results show that the address translation performance of CFTL is 13.3% higher than that of NFTL and 8% higher than that of AFTL, and the memory usage of CFTL is 75% smaller than that of AFTL.
- C.-H. Wu and T.-W. Kuo, "An Adaptive Two-Level Management for the Flash Translation Layer in Embedded Systems," International Conference on Computer Aided Design, San Jose, CA, Nov 2006
- J. Kim, J. M. Kim, S. H. Noh, S. L. Min, and Y. Cho, "A Space-Efficient Flash Translation Layer for Compact-Flash Systems," IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 48, No. 2, May 2002
- Intel Corporation, "Software Concerns of Implementing a Resident Flash Disk"
- J. H. Howard, M. L. Kazar, S. G. Menees, D. A. Nichols, M. Satyanarayanan, R. N. Sidebotham, and M. J. West, "Scale and Performance in a Distributed File System," ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, Vol. 6, pp. 51-81, Feb 1988 https://doi.org/10.1145/35037.35059
- Intel Corporation, "Understanding the Flash Translation Layer Specification"
- M. Talluri, M. D. Hill and Y. A. Khalidi, "A new page table for 64-bit address spaces," In Proc. of Symposium of Operating System Principles, Dec 1995