- Volume 8 Issue 3
The purpose of the study was to be aware of the types of leisure activity of the college students and to investigate factors for choosing the internet sports, and then to examine the effects of these factors on the consumption of the internet sports. A total of 412 college students participated in this study. The results of this study were as follows: 1) There was difference in the leisure type between male and female college students. 2) The amount of leisure time associated with sports of male college students was statistically greater than one of female college students. 3) The leisure time spent for the sports media of male college students was statistically greater than one of female college students. 4) The leisure time spent for the sports media of college students was prioritized for the TV, followed by the internet, newspapers, and the radio. 5) The results of the factor analysis indicated that the factors influencing choice of the internet sports consisted of the indirect experience, information collection, and accessibility. 6) Only information collection out of these factors positively influenced the increase of consumption of the internet sports. Above results could be evidence for that the internet is very important area for the sports consumption. Therefore, it requires more substantial research and investment of attention for the internet area because the internet is one of rapidly skyrocketing new areas in the leisure industry.
Leisure;Sports Media;Internet Sports;Sports Media Consumption
- 강효민, 김수희, "청소년의 스포츠 미디어 노출과 스포츠 소비의 관계", 한국여가레크리에이션학회지, 제19권, pp.19-28, 2000.
- 문화관광부, 국민여가활동조사, 2007.
- 김양례, "스포츠팬의 스포츠 관심도가 미디어 스포츠 수용태도에 미치는 영향", 한국스포츠사회학회지, 제12호, pp.85-96, 1999.
- 남재화, "여가활동 참여수준과 스포츠 전문미디어 수용형태 및 라이프스타일의 관계", 한국스포츠리서치, 제14권, 제4호, pp.561-570.
- 서희진, 스포츠 수용자의 소비행동 분석, 서울대학교 박사학위 논문, 2001.
- 임번장, 스포츠 사회학 개론, 동화문화사, 2000.
- 임영상, 김성일, 오지훈, "청소년의 스포츠영상미디어 접촉 동기와 수용태도변화의 관계", 한국여가레크리에이션학회지, 제28권, pp.215-225, 2005.
- 조병섭, 오정희, "스포츠 마케팅 전략을 위한 스포츠 미디어 분석", 한국스포츠리서치, 제14권, 제2호, pp.143-155, 2003.
- 최병호, "스포츠신문의 미디어 공신력에 관한 연구", 한국스포츠사회학회지, 제17권, 제2호, pp.159-173, 2004.
- 최종필, 전익기, "미디어스포츠 접촉 동기가 미디어 수용태도에 미치는 영향", 한국스포츠리서치, 제16권, 제5호, pp.593-600, 2005.
- E. E. Snyder and E. A. Spreitzer, Social Aspects of Sport(2nd ed.), Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1983.
- H. Sage, Power, and Ideology in American Sport: A Critical Perspective, University of Northern Colorado, Human Kinetics, 1998.
- J. J. Coakley, Sport in Society: Issues & Controversies, 3rd ed. NY: McGraw-Hill, 1986.
- J. J. Coakley, Sport in Society: Issues & Controversies, 6th ed. NY: McGraw-Hill, 1998.
- J. Sterne, Advertising on the Web. QUE, 1997.
- J. W. Loy, B. D. McPherson, and G. S. Kenyon, Sport and Social System, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1978.
- L. A. Wenner, Media, Sports, and Society, Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1989.
- M, Boutilier and L. SanGiovanni, The Sporting Woman, Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 1983.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The psychology of optimal experience, New York: Harper and Row, 1990.
- C. P. Shih, A study of the relationship between media coverage, audience behavior, and sporting events: An analysis of Taiwan professional baseball booster club members, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Northern Colorado, 1998.
- J. J. Zhang, D. G. Pease, S. C. Hui, and T. J. Michaud, "Variables affecting the spectator decision to attend NBA games," Sports Marketing Quarterly, Vol.4, pp.29-39, 1995.