- Volume 7 Issue 2
- Arnstein, Sherry R. 1969. A ladder of citizen participation. Journal of the American Institute of Planners. 35: 216-224. https://doi.org/10.1080/01944366908977225
- ACHR (Asian Coalition for Housing Rights). 2005. Understanding Asian Cities. Bangkok, Thailand.
- Davidoff, Paul. 1965. Advocacy and pluralism in planning. Journal of the American Institute of Planners. 31: 544-555.
- Douglass, Mike. 1992. The political economy of urban poverty and environmental management in Asia: Access, empowerment and community based alternatives. Environment and Urbanization. 4: 9-32. https://doi.org/10.1177/095624789200400203
- Fainstein, Susan S. 2005. Planning theory and the city. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 25: 121-130. https://doi.org/10.1177/0739456X05279275
- Friedmann, John. 1992. Empowerment: The Politics of Alternative Development. Cambridge, MA: Blackwell.
- Friedmann, John. 2002. The Prospect of the City. Minneapolis, USA: University of Minnesota.
- Hayman, Allister, and Sam Rith. 2007. "Boeung Kak lake latest city sell-off." Phnom Penh Post, Vol. 16, Issue 03, February 9-22.
- Horng, Vuthy, and Ann Sovatha. 2005. Local service delivery and commune councils. Cambodia Development Review. 9: 1-4.
- Khemro, Beng Hong Socheat, and Geoffrey Payne. 2004. Improving tenure security for the urban poor in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: An analytical case study. Habitat International. 28: 181-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0197-3975(03)00067-5
- Kim, Sedara, and Ann Sovatha. 2005. Decentralisation: Can civil society enhance local government's accountability in Cambodia? Cambodia Development Review. 9: 5 (3 pages).
- Lukensmeyer, Carolyn J. 2003. "Deliberation for Community Planning and Economic Development." A Discussion paper prepared for the Charrette Institute. Washington, DC: AmericaSpeaks.
- Mathews, David, and Noelle McAfee. 2002. Making Choices Together: The Power of Public Deliberation. Dayton, OH, USA: Kettering Foundation.
- Meng, Bunnarith. 2003. The struggle for Urban Development: Relocating Squatter Settlements as a Tentative Response to the Urban Growth in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Masters dissertation, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Oberndorf, Robert B. 2004. Law Harmonisation in Relation to the Decentralisation Process in Cambodia. Cambodia Development Resource Institute, Working Paper 16, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Osborne, David, and Ted Gaebler. 1992. Reinventing Government: How the Entrepreneur Spirit is Transforming the Public Sector. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- Payne, Geoffrey. 2005. Getting ahead of the game: A twin-track approach to improving existing slums and reducing the need for future slums. Environment and Urbanization. 1: 135-145.
- Pellini, Arnaldo. 2005. Traditional forms of social capital in Cambodia and their linkage with local development processes. Cambodia Development Review. 9: 8-11.
- Prak, Chan Thol, and James Welsh. 2007. Firm lands 99-year lease on Boeng Kak Lake. The Cambodia Daily, Vol. 36, Issue 31, page 19, February 8.
- Rocha, Elizabeth M. 1997. A ladder of empowerment. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 17: 31-44. https://doi.org/10.1177/0739456X9701700104
- Tendler, Judith. 1997. Good Government in the Tropics. Baltimore, Maryland: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Turner, Mark. 2002. Whatever happened to decentralization? Recent initiatives in Cambodia. Public Administration and Development. 22: 353-3645. https://doi.org/10.1002/pad.238
- World Bank. 2004. "Cambodia at the Crossroads: Strengthening Accountability to Reduce Poverty." Document prepared by the World Bank in collaboration with the IMF for the Cambodia Consultative Group Meeting, December 6-7, Phnom Penh.