- Volume 8 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Interaction between Water Surface and 3D Object by using Linear Convolution and Bounding Sphere
선형 컨벌루션과 경계구를 이용한 물표면과 객체의 실시간 상호작용 생성
- Published : 2008.04.28
In Computer Graphics, fluid dynamics is used for animating and expressing the various special effects of water. As the hardware performance is getting higher, the several algorithms for fluid dynamics become to be executed in real time. However, it still requires a lot of computational time to get the realistic and detailed results. Therefore, there are many researches on the techniques of balancing between performance and quality. It must give priority to the executive performance preserving the visual reality even though sacrificing the physical reality, specially in applications with the game context which need to express the interaction between 3D objects and the surface of the water such as the sea or a lake. In this paper, we propose a method for the realtime animation of interactions between 3D objects and the surface of the water using the linear convolution of height fields and the bounding spheres of object.
- N. Foster and D. Metaxas, "Realistic Animation of liquids," Graphical Models and Image Proc, Vol.58, No.5, pp.471-483, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1006/gmip.1996.0039
- J. Stam, "Stable Fluids," in Proc. of SIGGRAPH, pp.121-128, 1999.
- N. Foster and R. Fedkiw, "Practical Animation of Liquids," in Proc. of SIGGRAPH, pp.23-30, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1145/383259.383261
- S. Premoze, T. Tasdizen, J. Bigler, A. Lefohn, and R. Whitaker, "Particle -Based Simulation of Fluids," Computer Graphi cs Forum, Vol.22, No.3, pp.401-410, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8659.00687
- A. Fournier and W. Reeves, "A Simple Model of Ocean Waves," in Proc. of SIGGRAPH '86, pp.75-84, 1986(8). https://doi.org/10.1145/15922.15894
- M. Kass and G. Miller, "Rapid, Stable Fluid Dynamics for Computer Graphics," in proc. of SIGGRAPH '90, pp.49-57, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1145/97879.97884
- J. Chen and N. Lobo, "Toward Interactiverate Simulation of Fluids with Moving Obstacles Using Navier-Stokes Equations," Graphical Mo dels and Image Proc., Vol.57, No.2, pp.107-116, 1995(3). https://doi.org/10.1006/gmip.1995.1012
- J. Tessendorf, "Simulating Ocean water," In SIG GRAPH Course Notes, Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- S. Thon, J. Dischler, and D. Ghazanfarpour, "Ocean Waves Synthesis Using a Spectrum-Ba sed Turbulence-Function," in Proc. of the Int'l Conf. on Com-puter Graphics, p.65, 2000(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/CGI.2000.852321
- D. Hinsinger, F. Neyret, and M. Cani, "Interacti ve Animation of Ocean Waves," in Proc. of the 2002 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symp. on Computer Animation, pp.161-166, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1145/545261.545288
- J. Loviscah, "A Convolution-Based Algorithm for Animated Water Waves, "Eurographics 200 2 Short Paper Presentations, pp.381-389, 2002.
- J. Loviscah, "Complex Water Effects at Interactive Frame Rates," in Proc. of WSCG, 2003.
- J. L. Mitchell, "Real-Time Synthesis and Rend ering of Ocean Water," ATI Research Technical Report, 2005.
- Andrew Kirmse, Game Programming Gems4, 2004.
- M. Mason, Special Effects Game Programming with DirectX, 2001.
- http://www.gamedev.net/reference/a rticles/article915.asp
- 표순형, 구본기, "CG 유체 표현 기술 동향", 전자통신동향 분석, 제20권, 제4호, pp29-45, 2005.