- Volume 8 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Scheme for Improving Handover Feasibility of Mobile Terminal in Broadband Convergence Network
광대역 통합 망에서 이동단말의 핸드오버 가용성 향상을 위한 방안
- Published : 2008.04.28
We propose the scheme that supports continuously service when a user tries to contact new target network in broadband convergence network even though the network resource for the service is not enough. The proposed scheme transforms original service capacity into suitable QoS for the target network using the scalable service techniques in the oncoding/decoding and supports handover for the user. We analyzed the handover blocking probability of two schemes using queueing system to show the improvement of performance by the proposed scheme. Subsequently, we showed that the handover blocking probability in the proposed scheme is lower than that in the existing scheme.
Next Generation Network(NGN);Mobility;Handover;Scalable Service
- A. Majlesi and B. H. Khalai, "An Adaptive Fuzzy Logic Based Handoff Algorithm for Interworking between WLANs and Mobile Networks," Proc. IEEE PIMRC, Vol.5, pp.2445-2451, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/PIMRC.2002.1046583
- T. Thomas, S. G. Choi, "Mobility Management Capability Reqirements for NGN (FGNGN-OD-00225)," 8th FGNGN Meeting-Geneva, p.2, 2005.
- D. Wu, Y. How, and Y. Zhang, "Scalable video coding and transport over broad-band wireless networks," Proc. Of the IEEE, Vol.89, pp.6-20, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.904503
- S. C. Dong, X. Chang, and D. Y. Yang, "Output-Draft Recommendation Y.RACF (Y.2111) Release 2(Version 0.4) (T05-NGN.GSI -DOC-0301)," NGN-GSI Meeting, pp.4-21, 2007(9).
- K. Leonard, "Queueing Systme Vol.1," A Wiley-Interscience Pub, 1975.
- K. Nishida, S. Isobe, T. Yagyu, I. Akiyoshi, "Implementation and Evaluation of a Network-Controlled Mobility Management Protocol(IP/sup 2/MM): Performance evaluation compared with mobile IPv6," IEEE WCNC 2005, Vol.3, pp.1402-1408, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/WCNC.2005.1424721