- Volume 8 Issue 5
To transmit video bit stream over low bandwidth such as wireless channel, high compression algorithm like H.264 codec is exploited. In transmitting high compressed video bit-stream over low bandwidth, packet loss causes severe degradation in image quality. In this paper, a new algorithm for recovery of missing or erroneous motion vector is proposed. Considering that the missing or erroneous motion vectors in blocks are closely correlated with those of neighboring blocks. Motion vector of neighboring blocks are clustered according to average linkage algorithm clustering and a representative value for each cluster is determined to obtain the candidate motion vector sets. As a result, simulation results show that the proposed method dramatically improves processing time compared to existing H.264/AVC. Also the proposed method is similar to existing H.264/AVC in terms of visual quality.
H.264/AVC;Error Concealment;FMO;Interleaving;Average Linkage Algorithm
- JVT G050r1, "Draft ITU-T recommendation and final draft international standard of joint video specification(ITU-T Rec. H.264/ISO/IEC 14496-10 AVC," 2003(5).
- L. E. G.richardson, "H.264 and MPEG-4 Video Compression: video coding for next-generation multimedia," John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 2003.
- Y. K. Wang, M. M. Hannuksela, V. Varsa, A. Hourunranta, and M. Gabbouj, "The error concealment feature in the H.26L test model," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Image Processing, pp.729-733, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.2002.1040054
- T. Sockhammer, M. M. Hannuksela, T. Wiegand, "H.264/AVc in wireless environment," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol, Vol.13, No.7, pp.657-673, 2003(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2003.815167
- S. C. Park, N. R. Son, J. H. Kim, and G. S. Lee, "Recovery of motion vectors by detecting homogeneous movements for H.263 video communications," IEEE ICME, pp.33-36, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICME.2001.1237648
- S. Ghanbari and M. Z. Bober, "A cluster based method for the recovery of the lost motion vectors in video coding," IEEE Mobile and wireless communications network, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWCN.2002.1045832
- K. David and D. Peter, "Error concealment techniques for H.263 video transmission," IEEE communication, computers and signal processing, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/PACRIM.1999.799530
- A. Edurado and J. D. Edward, "Real time error concealment in compressed digital video streams," IEEE Picture coding Symposium, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.982806
- S. Wenger, "Common conditions for wire-line low delay IP/UDP/RTP packet loss resilient testing," ITU-T SG16 Doc. VCEG-N79r1, 2001.
- Improved Error Detection Scheme Using Data Hiding in Motion Vector for H.264/AVC vol.13, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.06.020