- Volume 8 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Mesh Segmentation With Geodesic Means Clustering of Sharp Vertices
첨예정점의 측지거리 평균군집화를 이용한 메쉬 분할
- 박영진 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과 및 충북대학교 컴퓨터교육과) ;
- 박찬 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과 및 충북대학교 컴퓨터교육과) ;
- 이위 (우석대학교 게임콘텐츠학과) ;
- 하종성 (우석대학교 게임콘텐츠학과) ;
- 유관희 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과 및 충북대학교 컴퓨터교육과)
- Published : 2008.05.31
In this paper, we adapt the
Mesh Segmentation;Sharp Vertex;Geodesic Distance
- B. Chazelle, "Strategies for polyhedral surface decomposition: an experimental study," Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, Vol.7, pp.327-342, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-7721(96)00024-7
- M. Attene, S. Katz, M. Mortara, G. Patane, M. Spagnuolo, and A. Tal, "Mesh segmentation - a comparative study," IEEE Int. Conf. on Shape Modeling and Applications, pp.14-25, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/SMI.2006.24
- D. L. Page, A. F. Koschan, and M. A. Abidi, "Perception based 3d triangle mesh segmentation using fast matching watersheds," Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.27-32, 2003.
- T. Srinak and C. Kambhamettu, "A novel method for 3D surface mesh segmentation," Proc. of the 6th IASTED International Conference on Computers, Graphics, and Imaging, pp.212-217, 2003.
- M. Garland, A. Willmott, and P. S. Heckbert, "Hierarchical face clustering on polygonal surfaces," Proc. of the 2001 Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics, pp.49-58, 2001.
- S. Katz and A. Tal, “Hierarchical mesh decomposition using fuzzy clustering and cuts," ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), Vol.22, No.3, pp.954-961, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/882262.882369
- T. Kanungo, D. M. Mount, N. S. Netanyahu, A. D. Piatko, R. Silverman, and A. Y. Wu, "An efficient k-means clustering algorithm: analysis and implementation," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, No.7, pp.881-892, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2002.1017616
- A. P. Mangan and R. T. Whitaker, "Partitioning 3D surface meshes using watershed segmentation," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.5, No.4, pp.308-321, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/2945.817348
- T. K. Dey, J. Giesen, and S. Goswami, "Shape segmentation and matching with flow discretization," Proc. of the Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures (WADS), Vol.2748, pp.25-36, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-45078-8_3
- K. Wu and M. D. Levine, "3D part segmentation using simulated electrical charge distributions," Proc. of the 1996 IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), pp.14-18, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICPR.1996.545983
- D. C.‐Steiner, P. Alliez, and M. Desbrun, "Variational shape approximation," Proc. of the 31st Annual Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques(SIGGRAPH), pp.27-34, 2004.
- Y. Zhou and Z. Huang, "Decomposing polygon meshes by means of critical points," Proc. of MMM'04, pp.187-195, 2004.
- M. Mortara, G. Panae, M. Spagnuolo, B. Falcidieno, and J. Rossignac, "Blowing bubbles for the multi-scale analysis and decomposition of traingle meshes," Algorithmica, Special Issues on Shape Algorithms, Vol.38, No.2, pp.227-24, 2004.
- S. Katz, G. Leifman, and A. Tal, "Mesh segmentation using feature points and core extraction," Visual Computer, Vol.21, pp.649-658, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00371-005-0344-9
- J. M. Lien and N. M. Amato, "Approximate convex decomposition of polyhedra," Technical Report TR06-002, Dept. of Computer Science, Texas A&M University, 2006.
- M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos, "Snakes, active contour models," International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol.1, pp.321-331, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00133570
- Y. Lee and S. Lee, "Geometric snakes for triangular meshes," Computer Graphics Forum, Vol.21, No.3, pp.229-238, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8659.t01-1-00582
- M. Gleicher, "Image Snapping," ACM Computer Graphics (Proc. of SIGGRAPH'95), pp.183-190, 1995.
- M. Gleicher, A Differential Approach to Graphical Manipulation, Ph.D. Carnegie Mellon University, 1994.
- K. H. Yoo and J. S. Ha, "Geometric snapping for 3d meshes," Workshop on Computer Graphics and Geometric Modelling (Lecture Notes on Computer Science, Vol.3039), pp.90-97, 2004.
- E. N. Mortensen and W. A. Barrett, "Intelligent scissors for image composition," ACM Computer Graphics (Proc. of SIGGRAPH '95), pp.191-198, 1995.
- A. X. Falcao, "User-steered image segmentation paradigms: livewire and livelane," Graphical Models and Image Processing, Vol.60, pp.223-260, 1998.
- A. X. Falcao, J. K. Udupa, and F. K. Miyazawa, "An Ultra-fast user-steered image segmentation paradigm: live wire on the fly," IEEE Tr. on Medical Imaging, Vol.19, No.1, pp.55-62, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/42.832960
- K. H. Yoo and J. S. Ha, "User-steered methods for extracting geometric features over 3D Meshes," Computer-Aided Design and Applications, Vol.2, No.1-4, pp.537-546, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/16864360.2005.10738403
- D. Malyszko and S. T. Wierzchon, "Standard and Genetic k-means Clustering Techniques in Image Segmentation," Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, 2007.
- J. R. Rommelse, H. X. Lin and T. F. Chan, "Efficient active contour and K-means algorithms in image segmentation," Distributed Computing and Applications, Vol.12, No.2 pp.101-120, 2004.
- M. Luo, Y. Ma, and H. J. Zhang, "A spatial constrained K-means approach to image segmentation," Proceedings of the 2003 Joint Conference of the Fourth International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, and the Fourth Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Vol.2, pp.738-742, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICICS.2003.1292554
- D. D. Hoffman and W. A. Richards, "Parts of recognition," Cognition, Vol.18, 1984.
- D. D. Hoffman and M. Singh, "Salience of visual parts," Cognition, Vol.63, 1997.
- 임정훈, 박영진, 성동욱, 하종성, 유관희, "전역 및 국부 기하 특성을 반영한 메쉬 분할", 정보처리학회 논문지, 제14-A권, 제7호, pp.435-442, 2007.
- T. Kanungo, "An efficient k-means clustering algorithm: analysis and implementation," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, pp.881-892, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2002.1017616
- E. W. Dijkstra, "A note on two problems in connexion with graphs," Numerische Mathematik, Vol.1 pp.269-271, 1959. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01386390
- P. Shilane, M. Kazhdan, P. Min, and T. Funkhouser, "The Princeton shape benchmark," Proc. of Shape Modeling International, 2004.