- Volume 8 Issue 5
A city is the center of all the economic activities, politics, administration and creation of cultures, and it is also a social community. It is also an environment in which human beings live and act, and thus, psychological and emotional pleasure are greatly demanded. Facilities of cities, buildings and harmonizing each and every structures with the environment sets up the image and the identity of a city because they are the most important visual structuring elements in cityscapes. Currently, most of the cities in Korea including Seoul, are in discordance with their natural environment because of all different sorts of buildings and signboards are jumbled up close together. The traditional, local colors have disappeared form those cities and all cities look the same. It is hard to find traditional beauty and identities of the cities in Korea, and the Korean cities are not even close to the threshold of other foreign cities. In order to solve these problems, there is a dire need of improving the modification of cityscapes in the long run. This research aims to understand the current abstruse situation Korean cities are in, analyze their problems and describe actual methods of improving those cities so that they can have a more ordered and organized structures. Also, this research should be used as a data of future researches based on citiscapes.
- 김익기, 현대도시의 삶과 질, 연세대학교 출판부, p46, 1998.
- 연세대학교 언어정보개발연구원, 연세한국어사전, 두산동아출판사, p.33, 2008.
- 광고전략연구소, 광고대사전, 나남, pp.6-7, 1986.
- 디자인미술관, 간판을 보다, 디자인 미술관, p.41, 2000.
- 강남구, 옥외광고물등관리법규집, p.105, 2007.
- 중앙일보 특별취재팀. 전기 먹는 ‘형광등 간판’ 바꾸자, 2008. 2. 4.
- 東京都屋外広告物研究会 東京都都市整備局市街地建築部市街地建築課, 東京都屋外広告物条例の解説（改正９版), 大成出版社, pp.44-57, pp.77-78, 2007.
- 국토 교통성 국토기술정책총합연구소, 도로경관을 저해하는 옥외광고물 등의 제거.개선과 지역의 경관만들기에 관한 사례집, p.34, 2007.