- Volume 30 Issue 1
Interrupted blood flow diminishes the concentration of oxygen in tissues. Hypoxia first appears in the region distal to the capillaries and grows throughout the entire t issue. However, the time-wise evolution of hypoxic area is diverse when some of capillaries are blocked in a multi-capillary domain with different oxygen squirt. The process of the development of hypoxia through time course is analyzed mathematically in the domain. Each source in steady state is controlled by a time sensitive function to simulate the occlusion.
- Carslaw, H.S. and Jaeger. J.C. Conduction of heat in solids Oxford At The Clarendon Press, Second Edition, 1959.
Clark, P.A., Kennedy, S.P., and Clark Jr. A., Buffering of muscle tissue in
$PO_2$levels by the oxygen field from many capillaries, in: K. Rakusan, et al. (Eds.) Oxygen transport to tissue XI, Adv. Exp. Med. Biol., 248, 1989, pp165. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4684-5643-1_21
- Gonzalez-Fernandez, J.M. and Atta, S.E. Concentration of oxygen around capillaries in polygonal regions of supply, Math. Biosci., Vol 13, 1972, pp 55-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-5564(72)90023-5
- Fletcher, J.E. A model describing the unsteady transport of substrate to tissue from the microcirculation, SIAP, Volume 29, Issue 3, 1975, pp449-480. https://doi.org/10.1137/0129038
- Gradshteyn, I.S. and Ryzhik, I.M. Tables of Integrals Series and Products, fifth ed., Academic Press, San Diego, 1994.
- Krogh, A. The number and distribution of capillaries in muscles with calculations of the oxygen pressure head necessary for supplying the tissue, J. Physiol., Vol 52, issue 6, May 1919, pp 409-415. https://doi.org/10.1113/jphysiol.1919.sp001839
- Millard, C.A. and Gorman, A.D. A model for substrate concentrations in tissue surrounding single capillaries, Mathl. Comput. Modelling, Vol. 25, No 11, 1997, pp1-7.
- Salathe, E.P. and Wang, T-C The development of anoxia following occlusion, Bulletin of Math. Bio., Vol 44, issue 6, 1982, pp 851-877. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02465185
- Salathe, E.P., Gross, J.F., and Wang, T-C. Mathematical analysis of oxygen transport to tissue, Math. Biosci., 51, 1980, pp89-115. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-5564(80)90092-9
- Salathe, E.P. Mathematical modelling of oxygen transport in skeletal muscle, Math. Biosci., 58, 1982, pp171-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-5564(82)90071-2
- Wang, C.Y. and Bassingthwaighte, J.B. Capillary supply regions, Math. Biosci., Vol 173, issue 2, Oct 2001, pp 103-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0025-5564(01)00074-8
- Whiteley, J.P., Gavaghan, D.J., and Hahn, C.E.W. Mathematical modelling of oxygen transport to tissue, J. Math. Biol., 44, 2002, pp503-522. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002850200135