- Volume 30 Issue 1
We show the existence of the unique solution of the following system of the nonlinear wave equations with Dirichlet boundary conditions and periodic conditions under some conditions
System of wave equations;jumping nonlinearity;eigenvalues of the matrix;contraction mapping principle;Dirichlet boundary condition
- K. C. Chang, Infinite dimensional Morse theory and multiple solution problems, Birkhauser, (1993).
- Q. H. Choi and T. Jung, An application of a variational reduction method to a nonlinear wave equation, J. Differential Equations, 117, 390-410 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1006/jdeq.1995.1058
- T. Jung and Q. H. Choi, The existence of a positive solution of the system of the nonlinear wave equations with jumping nonlinearities, Nonlinear Analysis, TMA., to be appeared.
- Q. H. Choi and T. Jung, Multiple periodic solutions of a semilinear wave equation at double external resonances, Communications in Applied Analysis 3, No. 1, 73-84 (1999).
- Q. H. Choi and T. Jung, Multiplicity results for nonlinear wave equations with nonlinearities crossing eigenvalues, Hokkaido Mathematical Journal Vol.24, No. 1, 53-62 (1995). https://doi.org/10.14492/hokmj/1380892535
- P. J. McKenna and W. Walter, Nonlinear oscillations in a suspension bridge, Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis Vol. 98, No.2, 167-177 (1987).
- J. T. Schwartz, Nonlinear functional analysis, Gordon and Breach, New York, (1969).