- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Performances in GaN High Power Transistor Package
질화갈륨 고출력 트랜지스터 패키지의 성능 최적화
- 오성민 (㈜RFHIC) ;
- 임종식 (순천향대학교 전기통신공학과) ;
- 이용호 (㈜RFHIC) ;
- 박천선 (순천향대학교 전기통신공학과) ;
- 박웅희 (강원대학교 삼척캠퍼스 전자공학과) ;
- 안달 (순천향대학교 전기통신공학과)
- Published : 2008.06.30
This paper describes the optimized output performances such as output power and the third order intermodulation in GaN high power transistor packages which consist of chip die, chip capacitors, and wire bonding. The optimized output power according to wire bonding techniques, and third order intermodulation performances according to wire bonding and bias conditions are discussed. In addition, it is shown through the nonlinear simulation that how the output performances are sensitive to the inductance values which are realized by wire bonding for matching network in the limited package area.
- John L. B. Walker, High Power GaAs FET Amplifiers. ARTECH HOUSE, 1993
- W. Nagy, S. Singhal, R. Borges, J. W. Johnson, J. D. Brown, R. Therrien, A. Chaudhari, A. W. Hanson, J. Riddle, S. Booth, P. Rajagopal, E. L. Piner, K. J. Linthicum, "150 W GaN-on-Si RF Power Transistor", 2005 IEEE MTT-S International, pp. 483-486. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWSYM.2005.1516635
- Steve C. Cripps, RF Power Amplifiers For Wireless Communications. ARTECH HOUSE, 2006.
- Hidenori Shimawaki and Hironobu Miyamoto, "GaN-based FETs for Microwave High-Power Applications", 13th GAAS Symposium2005. pp. 377-380.
- D. M. Keogh, J. C. LI, A. M. Conway, D. Qiao, S. Raychaudhuri, and P. M. Asbeck, "Analysis of GaN HBT Structures for High Power, High Efficiency Microwave Amplifiers", International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, Vol. 14, No. 3 pp. 831-836, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0129156404002910
- Singhal, S. Brown, J. D. Borges, R. Piner, E. Nagy, W. & Vescan, A. "Gallium Nitride on silicon HEMTs for wireless infrastructure applications, thermal design and performance", European Microwave Week, 2002
- Sang-Don Lee and Hai-Young Lee, "Screen Bonding Wire and the Wideband characterization to Reduce Cross talk between High Density Bonding Wires", 대한전자공학회논문지 제33권 A편 제7호, pp. 1290-1296. 1996. 7.
- Apostolos Samelis and Dimitris Pavlidis, "Mechanisms Determining Third Order Intermodulation Distortion in AlGaAs/GaAs HBTs," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech. Vol. MTT-40, No. 12, 1992, pp 2374-2380. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.179904