- Volume 8 Issue 6
MAC(Medium Access Control) is demanded to provide end-to-end QoS(Quality of Service) for a variety of traffic in the wireless networks. When all the traffic is integrated in the channel, the main difficulty of the MAC protocol is how to efficiently support multi-class traffic in the limited bandwidth wireless channel. In this paper, we proposed the dynamic bandwidth slot method for improving QoS of the real time traffics. In this paper, we used in-band scheme to send dynamic parameter and considering buffer size and delay variation, we enabled 2 state bits to send to base station in mobile station. The proposed algorithm is to guarantee QoS of real time traffic and maximize transfer efficiency in wireless networks.
Channel Allocation;Quality of Service Improvement;Wireless Networks
- Y. S. Chen, Y. C. Tseng, J. P. Sheu, and P. H. Kuo, "An on-demand, linkstate, multi-path QoS routing in a wireless mobile ad-hoc network," Computer Communications 27, pp.27-40, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-3664(03)00176-2
- S. L. Chen and W. B. Heinzelman, "QoS-aware routing based on bandwidth estimation for mobile ad hoc networks," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 23, pp.561-572, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2004.842560
- B. Li, L. Yin, K. Y. Michael, Wong, and S. Wu, "An efficient and adaptive bandwidth allocation scheme for mobile wireless networks based on on-line local parameter estimations," Wireless Networks (WINET), pp.107-116, 2001.
- C. W. Lin and D. L. Lee, "Adaptive data delivery in wireless communication environments," Proceedings of 20th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS''OO), pp.444-452, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDCS.2000.840957
- S. K. Biswas, D. Reininger, and D. Raychaudhuri, "UPC Based Bandwidth Allocation for VBR video in Wireless ATM Links," Proceedings of IEEE INFORCOM'97, pp.1073-1079, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.1997.610048
- N. Movahhedinia, G. Stamatelos, and H. M. Hafez, "A Slot Assignment Protocol for Indoor Wireless Networks Using the Channel Characteristics and the Traffic Parameters," Proceedings of IEEE GLOBECOM' 95 pp.327-331, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.1995.500375
- W. Xiaowen, "Dynamic Slot Allocation Multiple Access Protocol for Wireless Netwoks," Proceedings of IEEE ICC'97, pp.1560-1565, June 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.1997.595050
- S. K. Biswas, D. Reininger, and D. Raychaudhuri, "UPC Based Bandwidth Allocation for VBR Video in Wireless Links," Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM'96, pp.1073-1079, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.1997.610048
- L. Fratta, P. Giacommazzi, and L. Musumeci, "PRAS: A MAC Protocol for Wireless ATM networks," Proceedings of Globecom'99, pp.2743-2751, 1999.