- Volume 8 Issue 6
The concept of u-Vehicle is a technological model that people try to build the ubiquitous world in the car which moves, by using the RFID technology as well as the telematics service based on the location. RFID is weak on the point of information security because RFID has possibility for being abused such as chasing, counterfeiting, and invading personal privacy. RFID's tags use a weak cryptographic algorithm. This paper presents the vulnerabilities of information security under u-Vehicle environments. To solve that, we propose a mechanism enhancing RFID tag's security but with low cost by reducing the number of mutual authentication stages and using the hash function.
- J. Deng, "Security Support for In_Network Processing in Wireless Sensor Networks," Proc. SASN, 2003.
- ETRI, RFID/USN 출현의 시사점과 부작용 극복 방안 모색, 2004
- L. Tieyan, D. Robert, "Vulnerability Analysis of EMAP-An Efficient RFID Mutual Authentication Protocol," Reliability and Security (ARES'07), 2007.
- KISA, RFID/USN Security Issues & Stepwise Approach, 제9회 정보보호 심포지움, 2004
- 박종욱, 주학수, 이재일, 이동훈, "유비쿼터스 센서네트워크의 정보보호 이슈와 동향", 통신학회지, 2004(6).
- K. Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook Second Edition, Wiley&Sons, 2002.
- BSI Report, Security Aspects and Prospective Applications of RFID Systems, 2005.
- Z. Lan and Z. Huaibei, "An Improved Approach to Security and Privacy of RFID Application System," Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, Proceedings, 2005 International Conference on, Vol.2, pp.1195-1198, 2005.
- G. C. Chang, "A Feasible Security Mechanism for Low Cost RFID Tags," Mobile Business, ICMB2005 International Conference, pp.675-677, 2005.
- S. A. Weis, S. E. Sarma, and L. Ronald, "Security and Privacy Aspects of Low-Cost Radio Frequency Identification Systems," First International Conference on Security in Pervasive Computing, 2003.
- H. Dirk and M. Paul, "Hash-based Enhancement of Location Privacy for Radio-Frequency Identification Devices using Varying Identifiers," Proceedings of the Second IEEE Annual Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, pp.149-153, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/PERCOMW.2004.1276922
- G. Xingxin, X. Zhe, W. Hao, S. Jun, H. Jian, and S. Song, "An Approach to security and privacy of RFID system for supply chain," IEEE International Conference on E-Commerce Technology for Dynamic E-Business, pp.164-168, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/CEC-EAST.2004.14
- L. Tieyan, W. Guilin, and H. D. Robert, "Security Analysis on a Family of Ultra-lightweight RFID Authentication Protocols," Journal of software, Vol.3, No.3, 2008.