- Volume 8 Issue 6
ARM processors are being utilized in a variety of embedded systems. It is also that most ARM processor accepts C application, and then generates ARM assembly code using GNU gcc Cross-compiler. For the purpose of improving the quality of code generated and the efficient code generation, the various researches are underway. In this paper, we generates the ARM assembly code from the ANSI C programs using Syntax-directed Translation Techniques, and then the performance evaluation results for our research experimental compare to GNU gcc Cross-compiler are described. The techniques are presented in this research compared to GNU gcc cross-compiler very simple and convenient in extension of the production rules.
ARM Processor;Code Generator;Syntax-Directed Translation;Embedded System
- R. Leupers, "Compiler Design Issues for Embedded Processors," IEEE Design & Test of Computers, 2002(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/MDT.2002.1018133
- S. Furber, ARM System-on-Chip Architecture, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- T. Jea-Paul and G. S. Paul, "The Theory and Practice of Compiler Writing," McGraw-Hill International Editions, 1989.
- K. G. John, Syntax Analysis and Software Tools, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1988.
- 오세만, 컴파일러 입문, 정익사, 2006.
- R. Leupers and M. Peter, "Retargetable Compiler Technology for Embedded Systems; Tools and Applications," Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.
- F. Chistopher and H. David, "A Retargetable C Compiler: Design and Implementation," The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company Inc., 1995.
- L. Benini, M. Kandemir, and J. Ramanuijam, "Compilers and Operating Systems for Low Power," Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.
- N. S. Andrew, S. Dominic, and W. Chris, "ARM System Developer's Guide: Design and Optimization System Software," Elsevier Inc., 2004.