- Volume 8 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis on How Online Community Affects Game Play of Video Games - Focused on Game 'Animal Crossing: Wild World' -
온라인 커뮤니티가 비디오 게임 플레이에 미치는 영향에 관한 분석 - 게임 '동물의 숲'을 중심으로 -
- 정혜승 (동덕여자대학교 디자인대학)
- Published : 2008.06.28
Unlike Online Games, Video Games do not require Internet connection. Video Game players have their own game device to play games offline. Yet there are popular online communities based on Video Games that has lots of active, loyal members. The presence of Video Game online community indicates that online community plays an important role in "Game Play" of Video Games. In this research, in order to analyze the impact of online community, Game Play Heuristics were studied. Also, the use and the purpose of Video Game online communities was investigated. Finally, examples of the impact of online community on "Game Play"of Video Games is presented.
Online Community;Games;Playability;Communication Game
- Nintendo DS - Animal Crossing: Wild World Instruction Booklet, Nintendo of America, 2005.
- Wolfshead, "Bushnell's Theorem: Easy to Learn, Difficult to Master," 2007.
- Melissa A. Federoff, "Heuristics And Usability Guidelines for the Creation and Evaluation of Fun in Video Games," 2002.
- Heather Desurvire, Martin Caplan and Jozsef A. Toth, "Using Heuristics to Evaluate the Playability of Games," 2004.
- Elina M.I. Koivisto and Hannu Korhonen, "Mobile Game Playability Heuristics," Nokia, 2006.