- Volume 8 Issue 6
Poor posture of the neck and head has long been recognized as a factor contributing to the onset and perpetuation of pain in the head and neck region. This study were to evaluate the change of the neck pressure pain threshold in long term computer users. To elucidate change of the neck pressure pain threshold in long term computer users, the effect of computer using time(3, 6, 9, 12 and 15 hours) on neck pressure pain threshold were studied in 20 subjects. Neck pressure pain threshold were recorded 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15 hours group, and evaluated by pressure algometry to Trapezius muscle, Sternocleidomastoidius muscle, Suboccipitalis muscle and Temporalis muscle. Neck pressure pain threshold was significantly larger in 15 hours group(p<.05). But relation between neck pressure pain threshold in male group and female group were not significant differences(p>.05).
Computer;Pressure Pain Threshold;Forward Head Posture
- 김명훈, 권미지, 채윤원, "경추의 움직임 기전과 기능제한", 광주보건대학논문집, 제25권, 2000.
- 전호영, 고유수용성 신경근 촉진의 유지-이완기법이 두경부 운동에 미치는 영향, 대구대학교 재활과학대학원 석사학위논문, 2006.
- 정도영, 고은경, 김영, "컴퓨터 작업시 머리자세가 상부 승모근의 근 활성도에 미치는 영향", 한국전문물리치료학회지, 제9권, 제4호, pp.53-59, 2002.
- 채윤원, "경부근육에 있어 두부전방자세와 압력 통증 역치와의 관계에 대한 연구", 대한물리치료학회지, 제14권, 제1호, pp.117-124, 2002.
- 채윤원, 김진상, "두부전방자세에 의한 불수의적 근수축이 두개주위근의 압력 통증 역치에 미치는 영향", 대한물리치료학회지, 제12권, 제3호, pp.339-347, 2000.
- 한경수, "두개하악장애와 두부전방자세와의 관계", 대한구강내과학회지, 제19권, 제1호, pp.137-149. 1993.
- L. Bendtsen, R. Jensen, and J. Olesen, "Decreased pain detection and tolerance thresholds in chronic tension-type headache," Arch Neurol, Vol.53, pp.373-376, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1001/archneur.1996.00550040113021
- R. Cailliet, "Soft tissue pain and disability," 2nd, Philadelphia, FA Davis, 1988.
- M. Hagberg and D. H. Wegman, "Prevalence rates and odds ration of shoulder-neck disease in different occuoational groups," British Journal of Industrial Medicine, Vol.44, pp.602-610, 1987.
- T. R. Hales, S. L. Sauter, M. R. Peterson, L. J. Fine, V. Putz-Anderson, L. R. Schleifer, T. T. Ochs, and B. P. Bernard, "Musculoskeletal disorder among visual display terminal users in a telecommunications company," Ergonomics, Vol.37, No.10, pp.1603-1621, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139408964940
- D. E. Harrison, D. D. Harrison, and J. J. Betz, "Increasing the cervical lordosis with chiropractic biophysics seated combined extension-compression and transverse load cervical traction with cervical manipulation: nonrandomized clinical control trial," J Manipulative Physiol Ther, Vol.26, No.3, pp.139-151. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0161-4754(02)54106-3
- Headache Classification Committee of the international Headache Society, "Classification and giagnostic criteria for headache disorders, cranial neuralgias and facial pain," Cephalalgia Vol.8, Suppl 7, pp.1-96, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1468-2982.1988.0801001.x
- R. Jensen. B. K. Rasmussen, and B. Pedersen, "Muscle tenderness and pressure pain theshold in headache," A population study, Pain, Vol.52, pp.193-199, 1993.
- J. S. Mannheimer, "Cervical spine evaluation and relationship to temporomandibular disorders," Philadelphia. WB Saunders, 1991.
- K. Mekhora, C. B. Liston, and S. Nanthavanij, "The effect of ergonomic intervention on discomfort in computer users with tension neck syndrome," International Journal of Industrial ergonomics, Vol.26, pp.367-379, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-8141(00)00012-3
- NIOSH(US), "Musculoskeletal Disorders and Workplace Factors-A Critical Review of Epidemiologic Evidence for Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Neck, Upper Extremity, and Low Back," ㅠ.
- G. Sandrini, F. Amtinaci, and E. Pucci, "Comparative study with EMG. pressure algometry and manual palpation in tension-type headache and migraine," Cephalagia, Vol.14, pp.451-457, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1468-2982.1994.1406451.x
- J. Schoenen, D. Bottin, and F. Hardy, "Cephalic and extracephalic pressure pain thesholds in chronic tension-type headache," Pain, Vol.47, pp.145-149, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(91)90198-7
- M. Tepper, MMR. Vollenbroek-Hutten, and H. J. Hermens, "The effect of an ergonomic computer device on muscle activity of the upper trapezius muscle during typing," Vol.34, pp.125-130, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-6870(02)00145-X