- Volume 8 Issue 6
The application of tape is being widely used for treatment of the musculoskeletal disorders and injury prevention. The techniques of the tape application has been relied on empirical evidence in preference to the neurophysiological evidence. Thus, the mechanism of taping has to be elucidated further. In this study, we assessed the effect of the elastic and non-elastic tape upon the gastrocnemius
- H. H. Host, "Scapular taping in the treatment of anterior shoulder impingement," Phys Ther, Vol.75, No.9, pp.803-812, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/75.9.803
- C. M. Alexander, S. Stynes, A. Thomas, J. Lewis, and P. J. Harrison, "Does tape facilitate or inhibit the lower fibres of trapezius?" Man Ther, Vol.8, No.1, pp.37-41, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1054/math.2002.0485
- D. Morrissey, "Proprioceptive shoulder taping," J. Bodywork and Movement Therapies, Vol.4, No.3, pp.189-194, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1054/jbmt.2000.0156
- S. Tobin and G. Robinson, "The effects of McConnell's vastus lateralis inhibition taping technique on vastus lateralis and vastus medialis obliquus activity," Physiotherapy, Vol.86, No.4, pp.173-183, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9406(05)60960-1
- G. G. Simoneau, R. M. Degner, C. A. Kramper, and K. H. Kittleson, "Changes in ankle joint proprioception resulting from strips of athletic tape applied over the skin," J Athl Train, Vol.32, No.2, pp.141-147, 1997.
- P. J. McNair and P. J. Heine, "Trunk proprioception: enhancement through lumbar bracing," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.80, No.1, pp.96-99, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(99)90314-3
- I. S. Hwang, Y. C. Lin, and K. Y. Ho, "Modulation of soleus reflex amplitude and variance during pretibia contraction-effects of joint position and effort level," Intern J Neuroscience, Vol.112, No.6, pp.623-638, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207450290025707
- B. Lavoie, H. Devanne, and C. Capaday, "Differential control of reciprocal inhibition during walking versus postural and volutary motor tasks in humans," J. Neurophysiol, Vol.78, No.1, pp.429-438, 1997.
- C. T. Leonard, P. Diedrich, T. Matsumoto, T. Moritani, and J. A. McMillan, "H-reflex modulations during voluntary and automatic movements following upper neuron damage," Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol, Vol.109, No.6, pp.475-483, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-980X(98)00052-6
- P. Hardy, T. B. Spalding, H. Liu, T. G. Nick, R. H. Pearson, A. V. Hayes, and D. S. Stokic, "The effect of transcutaneous electrical stimulation on spinal motor neuron excitability in people without known neuromuscular diseases: The role of stimulus intensity and location," Phys Ther, Vol.82, No.4, pp.354-363, 2002.
- T. I. King, "The effect of neuromuscular electrical stimulation in reducing tone," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.50, No.1, pp.62-64, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.50.1.62
- C. M. Alexander, M. McMullan, and P. J. Harrison, "What is the effect of taping along or across a muscle on motorneuron excitability? A study using triceps surae," Man Ther, Vol.13, No.1, pp.57-62, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2006.08.003
- G. Y. Ng, "Patellar taping does not affect the onset of activities of vastus medialis obliquus and vastus lateralis before and after muscle fatigue," Am J Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.84, No.2, pp.106-111, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PHM.0000151938.49826.C9
- C. T. Leonard, The neuroscience of human movement, Mosby, 1998.
- M. J. Aminoff, Electromyography in clinical practice, Churchill Livingstone, 1987.
- E. R. Kendel, J. H. Schwartz, and T. M. Jessell, Principles of neural science, McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- J. D. Dishman and J. Burke, "Spinal excitability changes after cervical and lumbar spinal manipulation: a comparative study," Spine J, Vol.3, No.3, pp.204-212, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1529-9430(02)00587-9
- C. J. Frijins, D. M. Laman, M. A. van Duijn, and H. van Duijn, "Normal values of patellar and ankle tendon reflex latencies," Clin Neurol Neurosurg, Vol.99, No.1, pp.31-36, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0303-8467(96)00593-8
- J. Cheng, J. D. Brooke, J. E. Misiaszek, and W. R. Staines, "Crossed inhibition of the soleus H reflex during passive pedalling movement," Brain Research, Vol.779, No.1-2, pp.280-284, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-8993(97)01168-2
- P. Janwantanakul and C. Gaogasigam, "Vastus lateralis and vastus medialis obliquus muscle activity during the application of inhibition and facilitation taping technique," Clin Rehabil, Vol.19, No.1, pp.12-19, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1191/0269215505cr834oa
- Spinal Motor Neuron and Electroencephalogram Changes after Different Kinesio Taping Method Therapy in normal People vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.791