- Volume 8 Issue 6
This research aimed to help the employers of hotel corporations by analyzing the effects of fairness of restructuring on employees' organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior. The research found that employer's fairness of restructuring has significant affects on the degree of employee's organizational commitment, thereby reducing the negative effects of restructuring and enhancing organization commitment and organizational citizenship behavior. Therefore, this study aims to examine impact of justice perception of layoff on survivors' organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior in hotel corporations. There are main results in this research given below; First, as procedural justice and distributive justice are higher, survivors' organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behavior are higher in the restructuring process. Second, as organizational commitment is higher is also higher organizational citizenship behavior in the restructuring process.
Procedural Justice;Distributive Justice;Organizational Citizenship Behavior
- 안병철, 임인숙, 정기선, 이장원, 경제위기와 가족, 미래인력연구센터총서, 생각의 나무, 2001.
- 정기선, "경제위가가 정신건강에 미치는 영향", 한국사회학, 제34권, pp.389-416, 2000.
- 김왕배, 이경용, "기업구조조정에 대한 인식과 '생존자'의 직무태도", 사회발전연구, 제10집, pp.31-53, 2004.
- D. M. Noer, Healing the Wounds: Overcoming the Trauma of layoffs and Revitalizing Downsized Organizations, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1993.
- L. Grunberg, R. Anderson-Connolly, and E. S. Greenberg, "Surviving Layoffs: The Effects on Organizational Commitment and Job Performance," Work and Occupations, Vol.27, No.1, pp.7-31, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0730888400027001002
- 박종훈, 양효신, "고용불안의 선행요인과 결과: 구조조정기업의 종업원대상", 인사관리연구, 제26권, 제2호, pp.64-83, 2002.
- J. S. Adams, Inequality in Social Exchange. in L. Berkowitz(Ed.), Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, New York: Academic Press, Vol.2, pp.267-299, 1965.
- 정시영, 잔류종업원의 해고관련공정성지각과 직무불안정성이 직무만족, 조직몰입, 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향, 영남대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2004.
- J. Brockner and J. Greenberg, "The Impact to Layoffs on Survivors: an Organizational Justice Perspective," in J. S. Carrol(Ed.), Applied Social Psychology and Organizational Setting, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, NJ: Hillsdale, pp.45-75, 1990.
- J. Brockner, S. Crover, T. Reed, R. DeWitt, and M. O'Malley, "Survivors' Reactions to Layoff: We Get by with a Little Help for Our Friends," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.32, No.4, pp.526-541, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392882
- M. A. Konovsky, R. Folger, and R. Cropanzano, "Perceived Fairness of Employee Drug Testing as a Predictor of Employee Attitudes and Job Performance," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.76, No.55, pp.698-707, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.5.698
- D. B. McFarlin and P. D. Sweeney, "Distributive and Procedural Justice as Predictor of Satisfaction with Personal and Organizational Outcomes," The Academy of Management Journal, Vol.35, No.3, pp.626-637, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/256489
- R. Folger and M. A. Konovsky, "Effects of Procedural and Distributive Justice on Reactions to Pay Raise Decisions," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.32, No.1, pp.115-130, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/256422
- 정범구, 인사관리시스템에 대한 공정성 인식이 결정요인과 결과요인에 관한 연구, 서울대 박사학위논문, 1993.
- 서재현, "조직정의와 조직몰입에 관한연구: 다중몰입을 중심으로", 인사조직연구, 제6권, pp.1-34, 1993.
- S. J. Farmer, T. A. Beehr, and K. G. Love, "Becoming an Undercover Police Officer: a Note on Fairness Perceptions, Behavior, and Attitudes, Journal of Organizational Behavior," Vol.24, No.4, pp.373-387, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.196
- J. Brockner, M. Konovsky, R. Cooper-Schneider, R. Folger, C. Martin, and R. J. Bies, "Interactive Effects of Procedural Justice and Outcome Negativity on Victims and Survivor of Job Loss," The Academy of Management Journal, Vol.37, No.2, pp.397-409, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256835
- R. T. Mowday, L. W. Porter, and R. M. Steers, Employee-organization Linkages: The Psychology of Commitment, Absenteeism, and Turnover, New York: Academy Press, 1982.
- L. J. William and S. E. Anderson, "Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment as Predictors of Organizational Citizenship and In- Role Behaviors," Journal of Management, Vol.17, No.2, pp.601-617, 1991.
- J. P. Meyer and N. J. Allen, "A Three Component Conceptualization of Organizational Commitment," Human Resource Management Review, Vol.1, pp.61-89, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/1053-4822(91)90011-Z
- Y. Wiener, "Commitment in Organizational: A Normative View," Academy of Management Review, Vol.7, No.3, pp.418-428, 1982.
- S. B. MacKenzie, P. M. Podsakoff, and M. Ahearne, "Some Possible Antecedents and Consequences of In-Role and Extra-Role Salesperson Performance," Journal of Marketing, Vol.62, No.3, pp.87-98, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251745
- . A. Smith, D. W. Organ, and J. P. Near, "Organizational Citizenship Behavior: It's Nature and Antecedents," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.68, No.44, pp.653-663, 1993.
- C. III. O'Reilly and J. Chatman, "Organizational Commitment and Psychological Attachment: The Effects of Compliance, Identification, and Internalization on Prosocial Behavior," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.71, No.3, pp.492-499, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.3.492
- L. Van Dyne, J. W. Graham, and R. M. Dienesch, "Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Construct Redefinition, Measurement, and Validation," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.37, No.4, pp.765-802, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256600
- 송경수, 최만기, 박봉규, "직무만족과 조직몰입의 조직시민행동에 대한 매개역할에 대한 탐색적 연구", 한국인사.조직학회, 인사.조직연구, 제7권, 제2호, pp.139-188, 1999.
- 김남현, 박봉규, 송경수, "조직구성원의 조직시민행동과 개인특성, 직무특성 및 태도간의 관계에 관한 연구", 한국인사관리학회, 인사관리연구, 제23권, 제1호, pp.51-88, 1999.
- T. S. Bateman and D. W. Organ, "Job Satisfaction and the Good Soldier: The Relationship between Affect and Employee 'Citizenship'," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.26, No.4, pp.587-595, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/255908
- D. W. Organ, "Personality and Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Journal of Management, Vol.20, No.2, pp.465-478, 1994.
- A. P. Brief and S. J. Motowidlo, "Prosocial Organizational Behaviors," Academy of Management Review, Vol.11, No.4, pp.710-725, 1986.
- J. W. Graham, "An Essay on Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, Vol.4, No.4, pp.249-270, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01385031
- B. P. Nieoff and R. H. Moorman, "Justice as a Mediator of the Relationship Between Methods of Monitoring and Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.36, No.3, pp.527-556, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/256591
- M. A. Konovsky and S. D. Pugh, "Citizenship Behavior and Social Exchange," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.37, No.3, pp.656-669, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256704
- J. Brockner, "Managing the Effects of Layoffs on Survivors," California Management Review, Vol.34, NO.2, pp.9-28, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166691
- J. Cook and T. Wall, New Work Attitude Measures of Trust, Organizational Commitment and Personal Need Non-fulfillment, Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol.53, No.1, pp.39-52, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1980.tb00005.x
- D. W. Organ, Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Soldier Syndrome, Lexington, MA, Lexington Books, 1988.
- P. M. Podsakoff and S. B. MacKenzie, "Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Sales Unit Effectiveness," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.31, No.3, pp.351-363, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152222
- P. M. Bentler, "Comparative Fit Indexes in Structural Models," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.107, No.2, pp.238-246, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.107.2.238
- J. Greenberg, "A Taxonomy of Organizational Justice Theories," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.12, No.1, pp.9-22, 1987.
- M. A. Konovsky and R. Cropanzano, "Perceived Fairness of Employee Drug Testing as a Predictor of Employee Attitudes and Job Performance," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.76, No.55, pp.698-707, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.5.698