- Volume 8 Issue 6
The research was executed to find out that customers' dissatisfaction level caused from service failure could be increased or decreased by personal value attitude for a event. With the empirical study the research found fate or destiny oriented individuals are more likely to forgive for the service failures than face value oriented ones. The findings will be helpful to increase customers satisfaction levels after customers experienced service failures if a service firm can manage individuals' personal values.
Face Value;Value Attitude;Service Failure Forgiveness
- 정현영, 서비스회복이 고객만족과 행동의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 청주대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2001.
- Y. Bao, K. Z. Zhou, and C. Su, "Face consciousness and risk aversion: do they affect consumer decision?" Psychology and Marketing, Vol.20, No.8, pp.733-755, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10094
- P. Brown and S. C. Levinson, Politeness: Some Universals in Language, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1987.
- R. Deridder, E. Hendriks, B. Zani, A. Pepitone, and L. Saffiotti, "Additional cross-cultural evidence on the service usage of nomaterial beliefs in explaining life events," European Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.29, No.4, pp.435-442, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0992(199906)29:4<435::AID-EJSP934>3.0.CO;2-G
- C. Gronroos, "A service quality model and its marketing implications," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.18, pp.36-44, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- M. K. Hui, X. Zhao, X. Fan, and K. Au, "When does the service matter?" A test of two competing theories, Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.31, No.2, pp.465-475, 2004.
- R. Johnston, "Service Failure and Recovery: Impact, Attitudes and Process," in Advances in Service Marketing and Management, Teresa A. Swart, Davis E. Brown, and Stephen W. Brown, Greenwich, CT: JAI Press, Vol.4, pp.211-228, 1995
- A. C. Lowe, D. R. Corkindale, "Differences in 'cultural value' and their effects on responses to marketing stimuli: a cross-cutural study between Australians and Chineses from the people's Republic of China," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.32, pp.843-867, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569810232291
- L. A. Mohr and M. J. Bitner, "The role of employee effort in satisfaction with service transactions," Journal of Business Research, Vol.32, No.5, pp.239-252, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)00049-K
- J. C. Mowen and B. Carlson, "Exploring in antecedents and consumer behavior consequences of the trait of superstition," Psychology and Marketing, Vol.20, No.12, pp.1045-1065, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10108
- J. Oetzel, S. Ting-Toomey, T. Masumotto, Y. Yokoshi, X. Pan, J. Takai, and R. Wilcox, "Face and facework in conflicts: a cross-cultural comparison of China, Germany, Japan, and Unites States," Communication Monographs, Vol.68, No.3, pp.235-258, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/03637750128061
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithmal, and L. L. Berry, "A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research," Journal of Marketing, Vol.49, No.4, pp.41-50, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251430
- A. Pepitone and L. Saffiotti, "The selectivity of nonmaterial beliefs in interpreting life events," European Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.27, No.1, pp.23-25, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0992(199701)27:1<23::AID-EJSP805>3.0.CO;2-B
- A. K. Smith. R. N. Bolton, and J. Wagner, "A model of customer satisfaction with service encounters involving failure and recovery," Journal of Marketing Research Vol.36, No.3, pp.356-372, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152082
- H. Shutte and D. Ciarlante, Consumer Behavior in Asia, New York University Press, Washington Square, NY., 1998.
- S. Ting-Toomey and A. Kurogi, "Facework competence in international conflict: an update face-negotiation theory," International Journal of Intercultural Relations, Vol.22, No.2, pp.187-225, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0147-1767(98)00004-2
- K. Van den Bos, E. A. Lind, R. Vermunt, and H. A. M. Wilke, "How do I judge my outcome when I do not know the outcomes of others? The psychology of the fair process effect," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.72, No.5, pp.1034-1046, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.524
- J. B. White, R. Tynan, A. D. Galinsky, and L. Thompson, "Face threat sensitivity in negotiation: roadblock to agreement and joint again," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Process, Vol.94, No.2, pp.102-124, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obhdp.2004.03.005
- O. H. M. Yau, "Chinese cultural values: their dimensions and marketing implications," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.22, No.5, pp.44-57, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000005285
- V. A. Zeithmal, A. Parasurama, and L. L. Berry, Delivering Quality Service: Balancing Customer Perception and Expectation, Free Press, New York, 1990.
- Effects of Service-environment and Waiting Time on Customers' Quality Perception in Fast-food Type Restaurants vol.11, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.11.413