- Volume 8 Issue 7
In this paper, an algorithm to compensate the inter-view mismatch in the multi-view video according to the different characteristics of cameras is presented. Interview mismatches make it difficult to merge the multi-view images and decrease the coding performance. So, a preprocessing operation to compensate the mismatches is requisite in the multi-view video coding. It is shown that the mismatch in the outputs of multi-view cameras with different electro-optical transfer functions can be approximated with a linear model of a gain and an offset. In addition, a new algorithm for estimating and compensating the inter-view mismatch based on the detection of the overlapped region is presented. Experimental results using various rectified stereo images show that the proposed method compensates inter-view mismatches more accurately compared to the conventional approach.
Multi-view Video Coding;Inter-view Mismatch;Mismatch Compensation
- M. H. Kiu, X. S. Du, R. J. Moorhead, D. C. Banks, and R. Machiraju, "Two Dimensional Sequence Compression Using MPEG," Proc. of SPIE, Vol.3309, 1998(1). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.298404
- G. C. Chang and W. N. Lie, "Multi-view Image Compression and Intermediate View Synthesis for Stereoscopic Applications," Proc. of ISCAS 2000, Vol.2, pp.277-280, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCAS.2000.856315
- H. Aydinoglu and M. H. Hayes, "Compression of Multi-view Images," Proc. of ICIP'94, Vol.2, pp.385-389, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.1994.413597
- H. Aydinoglu, F. Kossentini, and M. H. Hayes, "A New Framework for Multi-view Image Coding," Proc. of ICASSP95, Vol.4, pp.2173- 2176, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICASSP.1995.479906
- A. Puri, R. V. Kollarits, and B. G. Haskell, "Basics of Stereoscopic Video, New Compression Results with MPEG-2 and a Proposal for MPEG- 4," Signal Processing: Image Communication, Vol.10, pp.201-234, 1997(7). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0923-5965(97)00025-8
- W. Woo and A. Ortega, "Overlapped block disparity compensation with adaptive windows for stereo image coding," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol.10, No.2, pp.194-200, 2000(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/76.825718
- S. M. Seitz and C. R. Dyer, "View Morphing," Computer Graphics Proceedings, Annual Conference Series, SIGGRAPH 96, pp.21-30, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1145/237170.237196
- T. C. Chiang and Y. Zhang, "A Proposal on Coding Algorithms and Syntax for the Multi-view Profile," ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 Doc. MPEG95/253, Tokyo, 1995(7).
- "Description of Core Experiments in MVC," ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG2006/W8019, Montreux, 2006(4).
- R. Klette, K. Schluns, and A. Koschan, "Computer Vision: Three-Dimensional Data from Images," Springer-Verlag Singapore Pte. Ltd. 1998
- 김휘용, 화상감시를 위한 이동물체 추출 및 동영상 부호화 기법, 한국과학기술원 박사학위논문, 2004.
- I. M. Ebroul, "Stereo Matching for Enhanced Telepresence in Three-Dimensional Videocommunications," IEEE Trans. on Circuit and Systems for Video Technology, Vol.7, No.4, 1997(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/76.611174
- H. Hirschmuller and D. Scharstein, "Evaluation of cost functions for stereo matching," Proc. of CVPR2007, Minneapolis, MN, 2007(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2007.383248
- Parallax Map Preprocessing Algorithm for Performance Improvement of Hole-Filling vol.13, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.10.062