- Volume 8 Issue 7
Sales-force management practices(e.g., selection, training, rewards, evaluation) constitute a crucial aspect of the sales force control system, as they influence on the salesperson's role ambiguity, satisfaction and performance. But it is difficult to find studies on the effects of hotel's sales force control system. So, we studied about this subject more deeply. The purpose of our research is to examine important relationships among sales force control system(e.g., sales territory design, training, reward, training, supervisor's support), job attitudes(satisfaction and role ambiguity), and sales force performance. A conceptual model is presented and hypotheses are developed. This study contributes to sales management research of hotel sales person in some important ways. This study offers new insights both to sales practitioners and researchers. First, this study introduces a new approaching method for developing new model of hotel sales-force research. Second, in the practical implications, managers should take actions as like an encouragement, direction, monitering, and education of sales know-how to reduce the employee's role ambiguity and to improve job satisfaction and sales performance.
Salse Force Control System;Job Attitudes;Sales Performance
- 김정민, 한국호텔기업에서의 보상체계와 공정성지각이 보상만족에 미치는 영향: 문화지향성의 조절효과를 중심으로, 한양대학교 박사학위논문, 2000.
- 박수진, 은행원의 역할갈등과 역할모호성이 직무성과에 미치는 영향, 동의대학교 박사학위논문, 2006.
- 윤기복, 인적자원관리가 개인수준성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구: 호텔산업을 중심으로, 명지대학교 박사학위논문, 2005.
- 윤정헌, "호텔기업 종업원의 팀웍에 대한 다차원적 접근", 관광.레저연구, 제12권, 제2호, pp.123-148, 2000.
- 전재균, 김진영, "패밀리레스토랑 종업원의 상사의 지원 및 분배공정성이 직무만족과 조직시민행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 외식경영연구, 제5권, 제2호, pp.19-36, 2002.
- 최인식, 외식업체 비정규직 근로자의 직무만족과 조직시민행동에 관한 연구, 경기대학교 박사학위논문, 2006.
- N. Andotra and O. Pooja, "Optimising customerorientation in small business through marketing-mix feed- back results," Journal of Services Research, Vol.6, No.2, pp.181-203, 2006.
- G. J. Avlonitis and N. G. Panageopoulos, "Exploring the influence of sales management practices on the industrial salesperson: a multisource hierarchical linear modeling approach," Journal of Business Research, Vol.60, pp.765-775, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.02.011
- E. Babakus, D. W. Cravens, K. Grant, T. N. Ingram, and R. W. LaForge, "Investing the relationships among sales, management control, sales territory design, salesperson performance, and sales organization effectiveness," International of Research in Marketing, Vol.3, pp.345-363, 1996.
- A. Baldauf and D. W. Cravens, "Improving the effectiveness of field sales organizations: a european perspective," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.28, pp.63-72, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(98)00023-6
- D. W. Carvens, F. G. Lassk, G. S. Low, G. W. Marshall, and W. C. Moncrief, "Formal and informal management control combinations in sales organizations: the impact on salesperson consequences," Journal of Business Research, Vol.57, pp.241-248, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00322-3
- G. N. Challagalla and T. A. Shevani, "Dimensions and types of supervisory control: effects on salesperson performance and satisfaction," Journal of Marketing, Vol.60 (January), pp.89-105, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251890
- H. Chen, C. Chu, Y. Wang, and L. Lin, "Turnover factors revisited: A longitudinal study of Taiwan-based staff nurses," International Journal of Nursing Studies, Vol.45, No.1, 2007.
- F. F. T. Chiang and T. A. Birtch, "A taxonomy of reward preference: examining country differences," Journal of International Management, Vol.11, pp.357-375, 2005.
- R. Y. Darmon, "Salespeople's management of customer information: Impact on optimal territory and sales force sizes," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.137, pp.162-176, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(01)00049-2
- E. Fang, K. R. Evans, and S. Zou, "The moderating effect of goal-setting characteristics on the sales control systems-job performance relationship," Journal of Business Research, Vol.58, pp.1214-1222, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2004.03.006
- F. T. Fisher, "Role stress, the type A behavior pattern, and external auditor job satisfaction and performance," Behavioral Research in Accounting, Vol.13, pp.143-169, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2308/bria.2001.13.1.143
- B. J. Jaworski, V. Stathakopoulos, and H. S. Krishnan, "Control combinations in marketing: conceptual framework and empirical evidence," Journal of Marketing, Vol.57, pp.27-69, 1993(1).
- R. L. Oliver and E. Anderson, "An empirical test of the consequences of behavior- and outcome-based sales control systems," Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, No.4, pp.53-67, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251916
- R. L. Oliver and E. Anderson, "Behavior- and outcome-based sales control systems: Evidence and consequences of pure-form and hybrid governance," The Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, Vol.15, No.4, pp.1-15, 1995.
- N. F. Piercy, G. S. Low, and D. W. Carvens, "Examining the effectiveness of sales management control practices in developing countries," Journal of World Business, Vol.39, pp.255-567, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2004.04.005
- S. P. Robbins and M. Coulter, Management, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prientice-Hall, 1996.
- S. W. Schmidt and M. Akdere, "Measuring the effect of employee orientation training on employee perceptions of vision and leadership: implications for human resources," The Business Review, Vol.7, No.1, pp.322-327, 2006.
- J. Singh, "Performance productivity and quality of frontline employees in service organizations," Journal of Marketing, Vol.64, No.2, pp.15-34, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.220.127.116.1198