- Volume 8 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Automatic Face Region Detection and Tracking for Robustness in Rotation using the Estimation Function
평가 함수를 사용하여 회전에 강건한 자동 얼굴 영역 검출과 추적
- Published : 2008.09.28
In this paper, we proposed automatic face detection and tracking which is robustness in rotation. To detect a face image in complicated background and various illuminating conditions, we used face skin color detection. we used Harris corner detector for extract facial feature points. After that, we need to track these feature points. In traditional method, Lucas-Kanade feature tracker doesn't delete useless feature points by occlusion in current scene (face rotation or out of camera). So we proposed the estimation function, which delete useless feature points. The method of delete useless feature points is estimation value at each pyramidal level. When the face was occlusion, we deleted these feature points. This can be robustness to face rotation and out of camera. In experimental results, we assess that using estimation function is better than traditional feature tracker.
- 김광훈, 권준찬, 송우진, "살색검출을 기반으로 한 포르노 영상 필터링", 신호처리합동학술대회논문집, 제16권, 제1호, 2003.
- W. Ryu, D. Kim, "3차원 Head Tracking," 제19회 영상처리 및 이해에 관한 워크샵 발표 논문집, 2007.
- X. Wei, Z. Zhu, L. Yin, and Q. Ji, "A real-time face tracking and animation system," Proceedings of the CVPR Workshop on Face Processing in Video, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2004.14
- J. Shi, and C. Tomasi, "Good features to track," ,IEEE Conference on CVPR Seattle, pp.593-600, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.1994.323794
- C. Tomasi and T. Kanade, "Detection and Tracking of Point Features", Carnegie Mellon University Technical Report, 1991.
- J. Y. Bouguet, "Pyramidal Implementation of the Lucas Kanade Feature Tracker Description of the Algorithm," Intel Corporation, Microprocessor Research Labs, 2000.
- Y. Vamossy, A. Toth, and P. Hirschberg, "PAL-based Localization Using Pyramidal Lucas-Kanade Feature Tracker," 2nd Serbian-Hungarian Joint Symposium on Intelligent Systems, Subotica, Serbia and Montenegro, pp.223-231, 2004.
- Q. Zhu, S. Avidan, and K. Cheng, "Learning a sparse, corner-based representation for time-varying background modelling," Proc. 10th Intl. Conf. on Computer Vision, Beijing, China, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCV.2005.134
- M. H. Yang, D. Kriegman, and N. Ahuja, "Detecting Faces in Images: A Survay," IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, No.1, pp.34-58. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.982883
- C. Kotropoulos, and I. Pitas, "Rule-based detection in frontal views," International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Vol.4, pp.2537-2540, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICASSP.1997.595305
- S. A. Sirohey, "Human face segmentation and identification," Technical Report CS-TR-3176 University of Maryland, 1993.
- H. P. Graf, E. Consatto, D. Gibbon, M. Kocheisen, and E. Petajan, "Multi-Modal system for locating heads and faces," The Second International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp.88-93, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/AFGR.1996.557248
- V. Govindaraju, S. N. Srihari, and D. B. Sher, "A computational model for face location," The third IEEE International conference on Computer Vision, pp.718-721, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCV.1990.139626
- H. A. Rowley, S. Baluja, and T. Kanade, "Neural network-based face detection," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.20, No.1, pp.22-38, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.655647
- K. K. Sung and T. Poggio, "Example-based learning for view-based human face detection," Technical Report A.I. Memo 1521, CBLC paper 112, MIT Dec. 1994.
- K. C. Yow and R. Cipolla, "Feature-Based Human Face Detection," Second International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, 1996.
- M. J. Jones and J. M. Reg, "Statistical Color Models with Application to Skin Detection," Cambridge Research Laboratory, Compaq Computer corporation, IEEE, 1999.
- S. L. Phung, A. Bouzerdoum, and D. Chai, "A Novel Skin Color Model In YCbCr Color Space and Its Application To Human Face Detection," ICIP, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.2002.1038016
- N. Dowson and R. Bowden, "Mutual information for Lucas-Kanade Tracking(MILK): An inverse compositional formulation," IEEE Transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2007.70757
- F. Dellaert, "The expectation maximization Algorithm," College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Technical Report number GIT-GVU-02-20, 2002.
- S. L. Phung, A. Bouzerdorn, and D. Chai, "A Novel Skin Color Model In YCbCr Color Space and Its Application To Human Face Detection," ICIP 2002, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIP.2002.1038016