- Volume 8 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Method to Support Mobility using MPLS in IP Network
IP망에서 다중 프로토콜 레이블 교환 방식을 사용하는 이동성 제공 방안
- Published : 2008.09.28
Existing mobility support scheme like MIPv4 has the delay at data transfer and Triangle routing problem. This paper proposes the new mobility support scheme and method that can overcome the problem using MPLS LSP in Next Generation Network. The proposed scheme overcomes the problem by introducing the LMS(Location Management Server) managing the location of the mobile terminal and the MPLS LSP between FA for a tunneling. We shows on the mathematical analysis using the queuing theory that this proposed scheme is more superior to the existing method(MIP).
- A. Diab, R. Boringer, and A. Mitschele-Thiel, "Optimized I-MPLS:Fast and Transparent Micro-MPLS Mobility-Enabled Framework," Wireless Communication Systems, 2006. ISWCS'06. 3rd International Symposium, 2006(9).
- R. Boringer, A. Saeed, A. Diab, A. Mitschele-Thiel, and M. Schneider, "I-MPLS: A Transparent Micro-Mobility-enabled MPLS Framework," 11th Wireless 2005. European 2005(4),
- Z. Ren, C. K. Tham, C. C. Foo, and C. C. Ko, "Integration of Mobile IP and Multi-Protocol Label Switching," Communications, 2001. ICC 2001. IEEE International Conference, 2001(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2001.937032
- A. Sasan, N. Mohammad, and E. Shervin, "MOBILE-IP MPLS-BASED NETWORKS," Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2005. Canadian Conference, 2005(5).
- E. Rosen, A. Viswanathan, and R. Callon, "Multi-Protocol Label Switching Architecture," RFC3031, 2001(1).
- T. Yang, Y. Dong, B. Zhou, and D. Makrakis, "PROFILE-BASED MOBILE MPLS PROTOCOL," IEFE Canadian Conference on Electrical& Computer Engineering, 2002.
- T. Yang and D. Makrakis, "Hierarchical Mobile MPLS:Supporting Delay Sensitive Applications Over Wireless Internet," Intemational Conference on Info-Tech & Info-Net(ICII 2001), Beijing, China, October 2001.
- M. J. Yu, J. M. Lee, T. M. Um, W. Ryu, B. S. Lee, and S. G. Choi, "A New Mechanism for Seamless Mobility based on MPLS LSP in BcN," IEICE, 2008.
- H. Lee, J. Y. Song, and D. H. Cho, "An Integrated mobility management scheme in IPv6 based wireless networks," Vehicular Technology Conference, 2004. VTC 2004-Spring. 2004 IEEE 59th, Vol.5, pp.2748-2752, 2004(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/VETECS.2004.1391421
- http://www.xilinx.com/esp/wired/optical/collateral/ mpls.pdf