- Volume 8 Issue 9
Price is an important marketing issue in current competitive environment characterized by various distribution channels such as economic circumstance and the Internet. Many companies, for their best profits, use a price discrimination strategy such as price discount that reinforces consumer's purchasing behavior and they employ advertising strategy by presenting reference price with information of price discount in advertisements. Accordingly, many research verifies the advertising effects of presented reference price in advertisements, this study tries to expand the existing study area which is limited on reference price of product by examining the its effects on service area. It also aims to verify the effects of reference price advertisements by the level of service reputation. For this experiment, a factorial design with service reputation and presented method of reference pricewas used. The result of this study is that attitude toward price and use intention on presented reference price in service advertisements are higher than not presented it. In the case of high service reputation, advertising effect on presented reference price in service advertisements are greater than presented price discount rates in service advertisements. And in the case of low service reputation, advertising effects can be much greater by just presented reference price in service advertisements. Therefore, in service advertisements, strategic views on presented methods of reference price by the level of service reputation are essentially needed.
- A. Biswas and A. B. Edward, "Contextual Effects of Reference Price in Retail Advertisement," Journal of Marketing, Vol.55, No.3, pp.1-12, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252143
- D. L. Compeau and G. Dhruv, "Comparative Price Advertising: An Integrative Review," Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, Vol.17, pp.257-73, 1998.
- A. Krishna, R. Briesch, R. D. Lehmann, and Y. Hong, "A Meta-Analysis of the Impact of Price Presentation on Perceived Savings," Journal of Retailing, Vol.78, No.2, pp.101-118, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(02)00072-6
- M-L. Joan and L. Peracchio, "Moderators of the Impact of Self-Reference on Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.22, pp.408-423, 1996(3). https://doi.org/10.1086/209458
- E. A. Blair and E. L. Landon Jr., "The Effects of Reference Prices in Retail Advertisement," Journal of Marketing, Vol.45, No,1, pp.61-69, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251665
- E. U. Joel, O. B. William, and C. W. Dan , "The effect of Plausible and Exaggerated Reference Price on Consumer Perceptions and Price Search," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.15, No.2, pp.95-110, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1086/209148
- 김용만, 김인섭, "서비스 준거가격광고가 소비자 지각에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 마케팅과학연구, 제10집, pp.1-20, 2002.
- M. Tridib, S. P. Raj, and I. Sinha, "Reference Price Research: Review and Propositions," Journal of Marketing, Vol.69, No.3, pp.84-102, 2005.
- Monroe, Pricing : Marketing Profitable Decision, NY: McGrew-Hill, 1990.
- N. Nguyen and G. Leblanc, "Corporate Image and Corporate Reputation in Customers' Retention Decisions in Services," Journal of Retailing and Services, Vol.8, pp.227-236, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-6989(00)00029-1
- E. Yoon, H. J. Guffey, and V. Kijewski, "The Effects of Information and Company Reputation on Intentions to Buy a Business Service," Journal of Business Research, Vol.27, pp.215-228, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(93)90027-M
- 차희원, "기업명성의 개념 정립과 한국형 명성지수개발에 관한 연구", 광고연구, 제64호, pp.259-289, 2004.
- R. Bennet and R. Kottasz, "Practitioner perceptions of corporate reputation: an empirical investigation," Corporate Communication. Vol.15, No.4, pp.224-232, 2000.
- J. D. Howard and A. R. Kerin, "Broadening the Scope of Reference Price Advertising Research: A Field Study of Consumer Shopping Involvement," Journal of Marketing, Vol.70, No.3, pp.185-204, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.70.4.185
- S. Chaiken and D. Maheswaran, "Heuristic Processing Can Bias Systematic Processing: Effects of Source Credibility, Argument Ambiguity, and Task Importance on Attitude Judgment," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.66, No.3, pp.460-473, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2060
- M. R. Stafford, T. F. Stafford, and J. Chowdhury, "Predispositions toward green issues; The potential efficacy of advertising appeals," Journal of Current Issue and Research in Advertising, Vol.18, No.1, pp.67-79, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/10641734.1996.10505041